Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

What next for Warrington?

50 posts in this topic

I fear that Warrington won't loan us Ben Evans for another season. 

He's made a sterling contribution for the Bulls this season and would, in my opinion, have performed at least as well as any of the Warrington props that turned out last night.

He's not a great basher, but he's a tackling machine and works his socks off.

Note as a reminder, Warrington actually won the under 21's last year..... So we do have youngsters coming through.

As to what next...... Same as usual, but must try harder!!

Briers needs to retire...... Not knee jerk reaction

Warrington may have the youngsters but they aren't coming through are they?  Otherwise surely some of them would have been played during the season.  The only Warrington academy player I can think of who has a spot in the first team is Riley.  Who else is there?

6th?

Wow!

Nah. Wigan will finish higher than that.

Warrington will be fine still got bags of quality and experience in the squad, yes on paper may be weaker but they'll certainly be up there and be in the big games, Time for some of the young players to be given an oppitunity now

Asotosi for Morley, Ben currie will be a star next year(the best teenage forward in the NH) Rhys evans will push out Bridge, Obrien to retire Briers eventually.

G Riley is a good prospect and Penny? a better bet than Williams and if he has developed the rest of his game then we all know he can finish. Smith is no fool and money is never a problem so we should still be a force, trophies depend on lots of luck at the right time(injuries,form etc).

Asotosi for Morley, Ben currie will be a star next year(the best teenage forward in the NH) Rhys evans will push out Bridge, Obrien to retire Briers eventually.

G Riley is a good prospect and Penny? a better bet than Williams and if he has developed the rest of his game then we all know he can finish. Smith is no fool and money is never a problem so we should still be a force, trophies depend on lots of luck at the right time(injuries,form etc).

Ben currie is quality, Rhys Evans looked a great prospect when he broke into the team 2 years ago I think and I really hope Kevin penny has improved his positional play and defence because his speed and finishing was amazing, always rember the tries he scored against saints in the challenge cup.

They start next year with no points like the rest of us.

Warrington are a fine side who lost a play-off final in which they suffered some unlucky injury losses during the game, and even then if [big word, I know] that charge-down at 16 - 6 had gone to a Warrington hand I think they would have probably won. They'll lick their wounds and come back stronger is what will happen.

That charge down was one of the most nieve plays I've seen. Wigan were kicking from just outside their twenty, wire would have had a first tackle on their thirty and should have spoiled more pressure.

If they had be 16-6 down with 15 mins left then the charge down would have been on.

Warrington may have the youngsters but they aren't coming through are they?  Otherwise surely some of them would have been played during the season.  The only Warrington academy player I can think of who has a spot in the first team is Riley.  Who else is there?

Cooper, wood, Riley

There's a few lads coming through with more to follow.

On the plus side, we only had two overseas yesterday , we used to get slated.

I fear that Warrington won't loan us Ben Evans for another season. 

He's made a sterling contribution for the Bulls this season and would, in my opinion, have performed at least as well as any of the Warrington props that turned out last night.

He's not a great basher, but he's a tackling machine and works his socks off.

They already have, to the best of my knowledge the deal is done.

academy players who have played this year in super league

Wood, C Riley, G riley, M Cooper, R Williams, G Obrien, R Evans, D Bridge, J Laithwaite, B Currie

T Mccarthy, B Dwyer, B Harrison.

12 players out of a 28 man squad

2 others on loan at the Bulls

3 others signed as teenagers C Bridge, S Grix Myler

ONLY four overseas players.

Can't wait till we start producing academy products

warrington do need abit of a rebuild,not massive,just shift out the oldies...

Carvell, Hodgson and Morley over hundred years being moved on.

Ratchford

Monaghan

Evans

Atkins

Riley

Briers

Myler

Hill

Higham

Wood

Waterhouse

Westwood

Currie

Asotasi

Monaghan

Grix

Harrison

Still looks a very strong lineup to me

Ratchford

Monaghan

Evans

Atkins

Riley

Briers

Myler

Hill

Higham

Wood

Waterhouse

Westwood

Currie

Asotasi

Monaghan

Grix

Harrison

Still looks a very strong lineup to me

Very strong, you think Ben currie will be first choice?

Warrington will be fine - no reason for anyone to overreact to one disappointing loss. All teams have them, it was just unfortunate for Warrington that it happened on the wrong day, with a couple of unfortunate injuries not helping.

Well said, although Wigan did blow some good chances before the injuries.

What next for Wire?

The same as the rest of the SL teams as they all step aside and make way for the resurgence of the mighty Hull FC.

Next year WILL be our year.

(I'm off for a lie down now.)

You need a doctor, not a lie down.

Very strong, you think Ben currie will be first choice?

Currie close to being in 1st 13 this year exstremely unlucky not to be in GF lineup

Currie close to being in 1st 13 this year exstremely unlucky not to be in GF lineup

He'd not played for weeks.

You need a doctor, not a lie down.

You probably meant psychiatrist but couldn't spell it.

You probably meant psychiatrist but couldn't spell it.

Psychiatrists are doctors, however I actually meant your GP. I hoped they'd refer you for a lobotomy if you explained your condition.

Wire will be fine.Of course considering there are only say 5 clubs capable of winning SL

I assume Trent Waterhouse missed the game through injury?

Just not picked according to Sky.

Psychiatrists are doctors, however I actually meant your GP. I hoped they'd refer you for a lobotomy if you explained your condition.

Is this a crossed Wires thread?

I know it's not Wire's fault that they always seem to be favourites for pretty much every competition/game they play in these days, and it seems odd to think that Wigan were unfancied not just in the final but the preceding games (and indeed unfancied on TRL land before the CC Final). My favourite gap between prediction and reality was in the annual Open Rugby (sorry, can never remember what it's called - RL World possibly?) predictions. Highlighting the "stellar" signings of Seu Seu, Moran, Vaealiki - snapped up ahead of Saints, who has to content themselves with Lyon - and Davico (sp?), they signed off with something like "... with class like this, this could be Wigan's year." It was indeed our year, but not in the sense they met.