Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

walter sobchak

Sonny Bill Williams (Merged threads)

168 posts in this topic

Why oh why do the British suck at the teat so much that is called yawnion?

It's garbage and it's about time you people realized it!

Why oh why do the British suck at the teat so much that is called yawnion?

It's garbage and it's about time you people realized it!

That's a simple question with a multifaceted answer but not for this thread.

Just been announced by NZRU that he's staying in RL in 2014!

But then,he could always change his mind.

Just been announced by NZRU that he's staying in RL in 2014!

Great news whatever you think of him he's a top player that's a household name sell tickets, shirts and brings sponsors ect to the game as a sport can we aford not to hav these types of players it's Wat wer crying out for

What ever we think of SBW actions. He being part of the Kiwi Rugby League world cup squad is good news for Rugby League and the RLWC.

Some less than positive reaction from New Zealand press http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11137645

Interesting view on the SBW story. Has created massive coverage for the Word Cup though. That story alone has got 20 pages of comments from readers. They talk about SBW being "box office". We're not exactly flooded with "stars" like that in RL at the moment (though it is better than a few years ago). It's got to be great that he'll be here in the World Cup.

In 2000, Jason Robinson, one of the few stars in the game, took the decision to leave rugby league just before the World Cup. The low profile of the international game, given as one of the reasons. The difference between then and now could not be starker.

Robinson could have prolonged his stay in TGG for 2 months and played, but like that Farrell he took the filthy lucre from the Dark Side and ran. Judas.

Some usual in that article though, mass exodus of two whole players to afl and those players you can't name going to union with barely a billion dollars to keep the nrl warm at night! Brink of collapse I tells ya

Some usual ###### in that article though, mass exodus of two whole players to afl and those players you can't name going to union with barely a billion dollars to keep the nrl warm at night! Brink of collapse I tells ya

8 years ago or so I always remember a post on Planet Rugby about NZRU should poach some up and coming RL players called  SBW/Karmichael Hunt and Benji Marshell.

I think the sponsors ball was an alcohol promotion - SBW is a Muslim so I suppose it was a conscience call. Given that the cricketer was recently given permission to play without a sponsors logo on his one day strip I doubt it'll cause a stir.

In fact the players were probably not even consulted about it - just handed them before getting on the podium.

The trouble with Muslim values is their open to so many interpretations.

I really think it would be a bad decision to drop a named squad member for him. Even though he should be in the team, it would not be fair on whoever gets dropped

Like dropping Kevin Sinfield from the England squad for someone who's in form?

Planning on returning to union in 2015 told roosters its most probably his last year dissapointing but hopefully after the union World Cup he'll be back in the nrl

Planning on returning to union in 2015 told roosters its most probably his last year dissapointing but hopefully after the union World Cup he'll be back in the nrl

I don't think we will see him playing rugby league again after next year has finished. It will be Union and Boxing for him.