Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sigesige00

On-line broadcasting of World Cup?

28 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if these subscriptions are available legally in continental Europe? Where I spend much of my time touring with my band.

Is there any on-line broadcasting of World Cup games?

The BBC are running their live commentaries online, like they did with the Olympics, but that is just text based.  Available on an App as well so far as I can gather.

Where I spend much of my time touring with my band.

But you don't like to talk about it, eh?

I emailed Premier last week but I've had no reply from them.  Does anyone know whether they have form for ignoring emails or not?

Does anyone know if these subscriptions are available legally in continental Europe? Where I spend much of my time touring with my band.

The Player is definitely available in Belgium. If you PM me those tour dates and where I can pick up my free tickets I'd be pleased to come along and verify the existence of your, erm, band.

I'm sure I read a tweet from Premier Sports saying that their online coverage would be available worldwide.

Anyone know any promo codes for Premier (TV not online player)?.. sacked in SKY last week and wanna get Premier for the RLWC13..

The Player is definitely available in Belgium. If you PM me those tour dates and where I can pick up my free tickets I'd be pleased to come along and verify the existence of your, erm, band.

If you click on the link that Lionhead provided, there's another link at the bottom of the information box that lists all the Premier Player sports and the countries you can receive them in.

For the record, I can watch everything in Finland except for Swedish Speedway  :buba:

Will Premier Sports broadcast their games in HD?

I think not having the likes of Sky (or BT Sport even) onboard could really affect the way this competition is perceived. Love em or hate em, Sky Sports are very good at what they do.

Sky TV could have built up good momentum with the RLWC and I fear the games that are exclusively on Premier Sports will pass any potential new fans completely by. 

U would be suprised that Sth America nations Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia were all in the top ten of most watched NRL Grand Final. But I would love to know a stream in S America that I can watch the games. Anybody???

Will Premier Sports broadcast their games in HD?

I think not having the likes of Sky (or BT Sport even) onboard could really affect the way this competition is perceived. Love em or hate em, Sky Sports are very good at what they do.

Sky TV could have built up good momentum with the RLWC and I fear the games that are exclusively on Premier Sports will pass any potential new fans completely by.

Fairly relaxed about this.

Most of the big games will be on BBC in front of a national audience. New fans are going to be attracted by seeing England win games, or by seeing some of the smaller teams live.

This way, if any RL fans want to watch a game, they'll be there live instead of sitting in front of Sky, snarking on Twitter with one hand and their **** in the other.

This way, if any RL fans want to watch a game, they'll be there live instead of sitting in front of Sky, snarking on Twitter with one hand and their **** in the other.

Hock?

I have e-mailed BBC Wales regarding TV coverage as only England are having all their game live on the BBC. (Wales v Italy will be the only live BBC game featuring Wales). I have asked why they can't stream games like they did with alternative sports when the Olympics were being broadcast.  They advise its a broadcasting rights issue but BBC Wales are still in negotiations to show some further Wales games live.  BBC will have a highlights programme running during the competition but if its anything like the Super League Show it will be on at 4 o'clock in the morning!

I have signed up to the Premier Sports online player at £9.99 per month and have already enjoyed the Northern Rail Cup and Bowl final, the Championships Grand Finals (replays as I was at Halifax and Leigh SV), a few Championships games, the NRL Grand Final, 2 State of Origin games.  An enthusiastic and knowledgeable commentary team and no unnecessary 'filler'.  I think their RLWC coverage will be extremely good.

I have e-mailed BBC Wales regarding TV coverage as only England are having all their game live on the BBC. (Wales v Italy will be the only live BBC game featuring Wales). I have asked why they can't stream games like they did with alternative sports when the Olympics were being broadcast.  They advise its a broadcasting rights issue but BBC Wales are still in negotiations to show some further Wales games live.  BBC will have a highlights programme running during the competition but if its anything like the Super League Show it will be on at 4 o'clock in the morning!

The Superleague Show has been airing at 11.30pm in the north on Monday nights on BBC1 and lunchtime nationwide on BBC2 for the whole of 2013 season so you're a little out of touch there!

I have signed up to the Premier Sports online player at £9.99 per month and have already enjoyed the Northern Rail Cup and Bowl final, the Championships Grand Finals (replays as I was at Halifax and Leigh SV), a few Championships games, the NRL Grand Final, 2 State of Origin games.  An enthusiastic and knowledgeable commentary team and no unnecessary 'filler'.  I think their RLWC coverage will be extremely good

Premier Sports have done very well this season.  I have access to Premier on TV so I can't comment on their online service but their commentary and coverage has been really enjoyable.  I think they'll do a good job of the world cup.

The Superleague Show has been airing at 11.30pm in the north on Monday nights on BBC1 and lunchtime nationwide on BBC2 for the whole of 2013 season so you're a little out of touch there!

Premier Sports have done very well this season.  I have access to Premier on TV so I can't comment on their online service but their commentary and coverage has been really enjoyable.  I think they'll do a good job of the world cup.

Maybe in the North but certainly not on BBC Wales - which is a wasteland for Rugby League - I am battling with them just to get North Wales Crusaders and South Wales Scorpions results to be read out on TV and Radio sports news. Our SLS Broadcasts are very early morning or on i-Player.

Maybe in the North but certainly not on BBC Wales - which is a wasteland for Rugby League - I am battling with them just to get North Wales Crusaders and South Wales Scorpions results to be read out on TV and Radio sports news. Our SLS Broadcasts are very early morning or on i-Player.

The BBC2 showing was definitely nationwide so presumably these days 'nationwide' means England only?  That would be my guess, if BBC Wales is an different entity (as opposed to simply being the BBC represented in Wales).

The BBC2 showing was definitely nationwide so presumably these days 'nationwide' means England only?  That would be my guess, if BBC Wales is an different entity (as opposed to simply being the BBC represented in Wales).

Perhaps I missed it as it was on at lunchtime.  I can't honestly say for sure. Still, RL gets less than minimal exposure in Wales so my campaign continues! 

I emailed Premier last week but I've had no reply from them.  Does anyone know whether they have form for ignoring emails or not?

The Premier Sports website has a handy table to confirm which sports, including a separate column for the RLWC 2013, will be broadcast in each country. The one issue the table confirms is that the RLWC will not be broadcast via Premier Player in the USA (refer to the link below and the link on the webpage "for a full list of what sports are available in your country"):

http://www.premierplayer.tv/subscribe/new-customer

I have also noticed via the Fox Soccer Plus facebook page that they will not be broadcasting the RLWC in the USA; therefore the question is...who will be? (refer to the comments underneath the Wigan Grand Final photo):

https://www.facebook.com/foxsoccerplus?fref=ts

It would be scandalous not to at least allow the Premier Player to broadcast the RLWC in America; especially considering the US are playing in the tournament, plus the number of expats based in the country. I hope the RLWC operating committee swiftly agrees terms with a broadcast partner to air the RLWC in the USA; otherwise I'm going to have to rely on dodgy/poor quality streams.

The Premier Sports website has a handy table to confirm which sports, including a separate column for the RLWC 2013, will be broadcast in each country. The one issue the table confirms is that the RLWC will not be broadcast via Premier Player in the USA (refer to the link below and the link on the webpage "for a full list of what sports are available in your country")

So, the countries it's not available in are:

Australia

New Zealand

Fiji

PNG

France

Canada

United States

India

Bangladesh

Pakistan

Algeria

Bahrain

Egypt

Georgia

Iran

Iraq

Isreal

Jordan

Kuwait

Lebanon

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Malaysia

Morocco

Oman

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

Singapore

Syrian Arab Republic
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates
Yemen

Australia and NZ have their own deals, which I assume covers Fiji and PNG. I also expect France has a deal with BeIn Sport (has that been confirmed?). This leaves the groups of North America, Indian subcontinent, MENA (not sure if India counts as MENA)

There's not much interest in RL in the subcontinent that I'm aware of, but there's a decent amount of support in North America  and MENA that I would hope that something is sorted out. Possibly Al Jazeera in MENA as they run BeIn Sports in France

The Premier Sports website has a handy table to confirm which sports, including a separate column for the RLWC 2013, will be broadcast in each country. The one issue the table confirms is that the RLWC will not be broadcast via Premier Player in the USA (refer to the link below and the link on the webpage "for a full list of what sports are available in your country"):

http://www.premierplayer.tv/subscribe/new-customer

Yes I have seen that, and it looks okay but I have a slight niggle in that I'll subscribe in the UK and watch abroad.  Regrettably I have a couple of tour dates in France (with my band) during the World cup so it may be that I watch those game via other methods.

There must be a reason those countries are blocked specifically for the RLWC,