Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Look Who's back!

8 posts in this topic

Can't let the old forum go without one last Doctor Who related thread (if only for Larry the Leit, as I know he's such a fan). :tongue:

BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.
BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press screening in London later this week.
It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.
A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.
The BBC destroyed many of the sci-fi drama's original transmission tapes in the 1960s and 1970s.

Can't let the old forum go without one last Doctor Who related thread (if only for Larry the Leit, as I know he's such a fan). :tongue:

BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.

BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press screening in London later this week.

It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.

A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.

The BBC destroyed many of the sci-fi drama's original transmission tapes in the 1960s and 1970s.

I had hoped that this was a thread about Cas Vegas, and not a children's TV show.

Doesn't look like they released the list yet, but I know of three main shows that were considered lost.

Doctor Who & Marco Polo (I really really really hope this was found!)

The Macra Terror

The Wheel In Space

Been watching Who since Peter Davison started :^)

Rumour has it that the episodes to be released on Friday are all of Enemy of the World, and all bar episode 3 of Web of Fear. Doctor Who forums all over the interweb have been in meltdown today.

Saw in amusing* tweet before saying something along the lines of "In even better news 'Fear Her' from the David Tennant era has now been lost forever".

*well to me anyway.

Saw in amusing* tweet before saying something along the lines of "In even better news 'Fear Her' from the David Tennant era has now been lost forever".

*well to me anyway.

Your not wrong; means absolutely nothing to me. :unsure:

I had hoped that this was a thread about Cas Vegas, and not a children's TV show.

I was hoping for Dally the Messenger and Clive Woody to make a return.

As Drakey (from 'On the Buses') probably knows, this is known as the 'omnirumour' and spod speculation is feverish, so the internet may melt later today/early tomorrow.