Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yakstorm

World Cup partners

68 posts in this topic

Can't we get Helen Fielding on board as Chick-lit supplier to the World Cup?

Fielding (born 19 February 1958) grew up in Morley, West Yorkshire, a textile town on the outskirts of Leeds in the north of England. She lived next to a factory that made the fabric for miners’ donkey jackets, where her father was managing director. He died in 1982 and her mother, Nellie, still lives in Yorkshire. Fielding attended Wakefield Girls High School and has three siblings, Jane, David and Richard.

Given the plot twist in her newest book, former HKR player Rob d'Arcy would be very nervous! ;) 

Do any of us really know how this whole issue of sponsorship is being approached?

The whole World Cup seems to be much more professional and much better organised than ever, so is it right to assume that the whole sponsorship thing has been approached professionally, too?  

Are they using an International sports marketing agency?

Issue for a sponsor is going to be reach!!! That's the major issue with super league because sponsors see the game as regional not national or global.

If that is BOC as in British Oxygen, then that's a pretty big bunch to have involved, in whatever capacity.

(Insert joke about oxygen of publicity here)

Good work this. Really good to see new sponsors coming on board. Be interesting to see how the game builds on this after the tournament.

Aye, they announced this yesterday. Said there's more to come!

one of the things i like about all these deals is that the sheer number will give the impression of a thriving sport with businesses wanting to get involved.

Having different sponsors for things like refs, corner posts, post protectors etc is a good thing.

Rugby League World Cup 2013 are pleased to announce that GoDaddy.com, the world’s largest domain name registrar and web hosting provider, have become an official sponsor of the tournament.

GoDaddy.com branding will feature prominently on match-days at the 14-nation tournament through sponsorship of the post protectors, and on pitch-side perimeter boards.

Finally an official beer - lets get stocking up on Singha and drunkenly register domain names, I'll be showing support for our partners and sponsors!

Finally an official beer - lets get stocking up on Singha and drunkenly register domain names, I'll be showing support for our partners and sponsors!

Where did you get this info?

Just made me a happy league fan. Singha in my opinion would have to be one, if not, the best beers of Asia :)

Some pretty impressive sponsors now in the mix. 

Singah, GoDaddy, Specsavers, Lauren-Perrier, Marriott, Hertz, BOC are all large multinational companies, and best of all (with exception to Hertz) are brand new to the code in either hemisphere.

Here's hoping the code can secure long term relationships with most of them!

So I wonder who the last big name partner which will be named tomorrow will be?

Well, the Singha article states there will be more than one announcement of sponsors. Also sure I spotted Gatorade on the signage at Millennium stadium.

Where did you get this info?

Saw the press release but didn't have a link to it.

Just made me a happy league fan. Singha in my opinion would have to be one, if not, the best beers of Asia :)

Export Guinness brewed in Malaysia is the best in my opinion but Singha is good too (and Lao Dark and a Cambodian Stout that I can't remember the name of ).

If that is BOC as in British Oxygen, then that's a pretty big bunch to have involved, in whatever capacity.

(Insert joke about oxygen of publicity here)

The way to get noticed is to use the name as a discount code - which they did. Excellent marketing

I wonder if BOC made up the other half of the ticket price when their code was used?

Good stuff if it was.