Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil

Upcoming gigs

224 posts in this topic

A face from the past:

Atilla the Stockbroker plays the Bradford 1-in-12 Club next Friday.

Seen him a few times yonks back. There was a bit of a 'Ranter' scene back then.

Russians are running the dhss!

Currently at the New Orleans Club in Louth...Dave Formula and the Finks....look him up on Google. I'm on the door.

Going to see Ryan Adams next week and The Travelling Band the week after.

We're playing The Crossroads at Wainstalls tomorrow night 8:30 ish till late

is wainstalls in Rosedale by any chance?

be careful who you sell your soul to

off  to see Roger McGuinn at the city varieties on Sunday. Cracking venue.

off to see Roger McGuinn at the city varieties on Sunday. Cracking venue.

Tell him to play 'all I really wanna do' for me.

Best Dylan cover - ever.

is wainstalls in Rosedale by any chance?

be careful who you sell your soul to

Halifax Chris, a guy did offer me the secrets of rock if I gave him my soul though

Roadie-ing and guitar teching for eldests band at various venues around York and selby for the next month or so.

Halifax Chris, a guy did offer me the secrets of rock if I gave him my soul though

bad call

Tell him to play 'all I really wanna do' for me.

Best Dylan cover - ever.

now that could be a title for a thread.

This Friday night we're at The Aviator in Yeadon and Saturday we're at The Weavers in Luddenden Foot.

Both gigs start at 9pm ish

This Friday night we're at The Aviator in Yeadon and Saturday we're at The Weavers in Luddenden Foot.

Both gigs start at 9pm ish

They have a different approach to flora at at The Weavers...

They have a different approach to flora at at The Weavers...

Must be a bit slow today care to expand on that?

Must be a bit slow today care to expand on that?

Have a squiz. It looks like something from a drug trip, especially when you've had a skin full.

Also, you could ask the owner about all the extra stock he got in, because he thought the Tour de France was passing through Ludd Foot.  :drinks:

Went to a gig at the Albert hall in Manchester last night. It's where Brannigans on Peter street used to be. The venue is fantastic, on old church with lots of the original features, windows and a blooming great big organ behind the stage. The problem was that is was dangerously crowded. It was shoulder to shoulder standing with barely any room to move, people were spilling out onto the stairwells outside the doors. I dread to think what would have happened if there was some kind of emergency. The gig itself was great but one has to wonder about the safety issues.

Went to a gig at the Albert hall in Manchester last night. It's where Brannigans on Peter street used to be. The venue is fantastic, on old church with lots of the original features, windows and a blooming great big organ behind the stage. The problem was that is was dangerously crowded. It was shoulder to shoulder standing with barely any room to move, people were spilling out onto the stairwells outside the doors. I dread to think what would have happened if there was some kind of emergency. The gig itself was great but one has to wonder about the safety issues.

I've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs and apart from the ones that were attended by about 10 people, that describes virtually all of them. It's usually safe as houses and in my experience its more dangerous to have over zealous stewards or thug bouncers trying to push people about.

That said, some were very dodgy :D Anarchist squats in old buildings etc

I've been to hundreds and hundreds of gigs and apart from the ones that were attended by about 10 people, that describes virtually all of them. It's usually safe as houses and in my experience its more dangerous to have over zealous stewards or thug bouncers trying to push people about.

I'm no stranger to crowded gigs in small venues. I've delved deep into he mosh pit at heavy metal gigs and always felt safe where there is the unwritten rule that if someone falls down then you help them up. This was different, if you fell down it would've been difficult for someone to actually help you up it was that crowded.

Perhaps I'm getting too old. 

Manic Street Preachers are doing a special set of shows commenting the 20th anniversary of their best album, The Holy Bible in February. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning, refresh button on standby. Their Manchester gig is in the aforementioned Albert Hall. 

Have you ever seen Larry and his band, though?

Do Fat Larry's Band still tour?

You have to be quick, its like Zoom and they are gone.