Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Ballantyne

Anthony murray named as new coach..

40 posts in this topic

If you're offering the same money to players as the staggeringly low amount you were offering to prospective coaching appointments - little more than travelling expenses in fact, then you'll struggle to attract any new recruits.

You were at the interviews were you ?

You were at the interviews were you ?

Nope, but I know one of the interviewees.

Onwards and upwards is what I always say. Good Luck Anthony, welcome to Barrow Raiders once again.

I would also like to welcome myself to the forum - finally gone and registered!

Will have the best amature team in the league?

I think we may have taken the right route..people speak highly of him and he has enthusiasm..lets give the lad our support and not rip him to pieces before the team is even formed and the season started.

He can't be that bad if he's brought a full back in something holty couldn't do, we'll until back end of last season

I'm all for that,but what contacts has he,he will need more than enthusiasm... To stay up,remember he's just signed an amature from dapto ,over here,not a good start.

I think youngy has a good job in the mines now Oracle and has just had a new house built.. The team he plays for have just won their grand final!

Like mentioned in another thread if we play a friendly against a b&d/cumbria team it will give the coaches and fans a chance to see some of the best local talent on offer, not always the most popular option but it worked with pretty much most of our current team.

I'm all for that,but what contacts has he,he will need more than enthusiasm... To stay up,remember he's just signed an amature from dapto ,over here,not a good start.[/quote

Bit disrespectful to the amateur player you not think??