Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The King Of Leon

Chisholm moves to Fev

41 posts in this topic

Well , hes got the speed no doubt about that, dodgy under the high ball though, cost us a crucial bonus point at worky.Surprised he never got a 1st team game for the Rhinos though after all the injuries they had.

Well , hes got the speed no doubt about that, dodgy under the high ball though, cost us a crucial bonus point at worky.Surprised he never got a 1st team game for the Rhinos though after all the injuries they had.

yes lots of pace but not a lot else

Would it be unfair to describe him as a 'poor mans' Richie Barnett?

Would it be unfair to describe him as a 'poor mans' Richie Barnett?

perfet description of him

i remember him giving Ian Hardman about 20 yds start at fev downhill and caught him with ease, unlucky with the dissalowed half time try at Batley which proved a try on the video.Be intresting to see how he does next year.

He never got a game for the Rhino's , because they did not think he was good enough for them. To be honest KOL , he was not good enough for us, never mind him playing in Super league.

In fact he was the only Rhino's player I have been disapointed in this season playing for us. Sorry to be be so harsh to the man, but that's the truth.

Very surprised Fev signed him. 

Wish him all the best at Fev, but think he would have been better taking up athletics as his chosen sport , as running seems to be his only forte. 

Hunslet never seemed to have exploited his pace when he was here.

Not once did we try the kick & chase downfield when having a scrum in our own 20 when the fullback was up in the line.

This is a technique used In past to see Scott Limb, Paul Sterling, George Rayner score tries. So to think we had the fastest man in the game we would at try it at least once.

Not once did we try the kick & chase downfield when having a scrum in our own 20 when the fullback was up in the line.

This is a technique used In past to see Scott Limb, Paul Sterling, George Rayner score tries. So to think we had the fastest man in the game we would at try it at least once.

Agree with this although I expect if he had played second half of the season with the Coyle brothers, they would have brought his pace into the game more than the young kids who were playing in the halfs at that time.

poor coaching to blame??

No you simply need to have the tools.

A good craftsman never blames his tools , Gaz

Yeh right would love to see what your beloved Tony Smith could do with a Ansell/Helliwell combo :-!

ha ha me too

...Hhmm .And I wonder who that would be down to !!!...

No you simply need to have the tools.

...Once again staitheclose ,the answer is plain to see. Not knowing who most people are on here . I can only conclude that you are a blood relation ....

It's not only about having the tools it's knowing what to do with them once you have them. Chisholm played but we didn't use his main strength now that can only be down to one person

Its always down to the players on the park once they leave the sheds, there is only 13 players on the park that can have any impact when the games in play.

I disagree especially in todays game when you have coaches,.water carriers etc what does Johnny wainhouse do when he runs behind the posts after we concede? Sorry but it's not just down to the players not following orders

...Hhmm .And I wonder who that would be down to !!!...

the kicker in the team, what would be the point of instructing your kicker to kick for the winger from a scrum if he doesn't have the skill to pull it off? you'd just be giving the ball back to the defending team on the first play. you're also unlikely to be successful in this play unless you surprise the defence, so the first time you do it, its likely to fruitful (if the kicker/kick is good enough) but after that you need to have the management skill to pick and choose when you use it again. i.e. have a few scrums where you shift the ball out to the winger so that the outside defence is forced to move up, then kick of the back of the defenders expecting you to shift the ball wide again. until the coyles came none of our half options were game managers.

did you not notice we scored a lot more tries from kicks once the coyles were onboard? infact did we score any tries from kicks before the coyles were in the team?

but then again don't let these facts stand in the way of your main agenda

the kicker in the team, what would be the point of instructing your kicker to kick for the winger from a scrum if he doesn't have the skill to pull it off? you'd just be giving the ball back to the defending team on the first play. you're also unlikely to be successful in this play unless you surprise the defence, so the first time you do it, its likely to fruitful (if the kicker/kick is good enough) but after that you need to have the management skill to pick and choose when you use it again. i.e. have a few scrums where you shift the ball out to the winger so that the outside defence is forced to move up, then kick of the back of the defenders expecting you to shift the ball wide again. until the coyles came none of our half options were game managers.

did you not notice we scored a lot more tries from kicks once the coyles were onboard? infact did we score any tries from kicks before the coyles were in the team?

but then again don't let these facts stand in the way of your main agenda

Spot on saved me posting, totally correct, you can't educate pork as they say, although the same 3 have an agenda on their own that no one else are interested in.

Spot on saved me posting, totally correct, you can't educate pork as they say, although the same 3 have an agenda on their own that no one else are interested in.

not interested Gaz but yet you and many others keep on replying and don't flatter yourself by thinking it's only 3

not interested Gaz but yet you and many others keep on replying and don't flatter yourself by thinking it's only 3

staitheclosehawk is too smart to be Gaz :tongue: