Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blind side johnny

2014 Squad

42 posts in this topic

My understanding so far is that the squad for 2014 consists of:

M Aizue

C Beckett

A Brown

A Buchanan

T Gallagher

W Godwin

M Haggerty

S Hale

T Hemingway

R Hepworth

K Hyde

T Lillycrop

D Morton

J Murphy

S Nash

K Pryce

S Robinson

J Schofield

G Scott

L Sheriffe

R Spicer

A Thackeray

J Tonks

B Watkinson

R Wright

Have I overcounted or missed someone out? Corrections gladly received.

My understanding so far is that the squad for 2014 consists of:

M Aizue

C Beckett

A Brown

T Gallagher

W Godwin

M Haggerty

S Hale

T Hemingway

R Hepworth

T Lillycrop

D Morton

J Murphy

S Nash

K Pryce

S Robinson

J Schofield

L Sheriffe

R Spicer

A Thackeray

J Tonks

L Walshaw

R Wright

Have I overcounted or missed someone out? Corrections gladly received.

Walshaw is not a member of the 2014 squad. He is probably waiting to find out whose squad he might be given Wakefield's current problems.

What about Buchanan and Scott? Walshaw isn't in the squad for next season!

L Sherriff? Is that Louis, formerly of Hull kR? Decent signing if so.

It's the very same man,been playing in Australia.

Its looking a very good squad for 2014,hope we have something to play for in 2015.

Always to we've re signed brad Watkinson and Kieran Hyde think we've got 25 players signed on for next season already

Thanks. Corrections made 12/10 (see original post).

Any more?

I see that Ben Jones has joined Sheffield and Aston rates him highly, apparently.

Ben Jones is too injury prone.

So, despite being swept up by the excellence of the RLWC I believe that the squad have already begun their pre-season training. Does this mean that the squad is now complete or are there additions yet to be made?

The squad on the club web site is still last season's so that's no help really.

Is anyone in the know?

BSJ  -  Correct to date apart from B Watkinson.

Pre Season starts tomorrow night I think,  I am doing my own pre season warm weather training.

As regards the squad being complete, well .........................................

I think one is on the way but the deals is not yet done until after the World Cup according to the press, the Chris Aiton deal is also off as he cannot get a visa according to the press too

I think one is on the way but the deals is not yet done until after the World Cup according to the press, the Chris Aiton deal is also off as he cannot get a visa according to the press too

Chris Aiton shouldn't get a visa - he's only CC1 standard at best. If the "one after the WC" is Joe Bond then he won't get a visa either.

I'd like to see some of the Pacific island players get a go in the Championship however I think with the general belt tightening and the change in the visa rules it's unlikely.

Chris Aiton shouldn't get a visa - he's only CC1 standard at best. If the "one after the WC" is Joe Bond then he won't get a visa either.

I know this is recycling the subject as it was brought up in the past, but the said cross code international Gordon Fifita didn't apparently fit the criteria for a visa neither, why is it that when we try sign a Pacific Islander who needs to apply for a visa, they never fit the criteria to actually get a visa to come over here?

Can't we get Joe bond married to a Slovakian woman in Dewsbury

Seems to work for the rest of the world in visa applications ;)

I know this is recycling the subject as it was brought up in the past, but the said cross code international Gordon Fifita didn't apparently fit the criteria for a visa neither, why is it that when we try sign a Pacific Islander who needs to apply for a visa, they never fit the criteria to actually get a visa to come over here?

It's the rules Kelsey! To get a visa for a sports player they need to be demonstrably better than an equivalent British/European player, unless they come from a Kolpak country when they are given greater license. In general terms if you've played a significant number of games for your country in recent years then you stand a good chance of getting a visa.

Despite the paranoia of those with whom you speak these rules aren't actually applied to penalise Dewsbury and no-one else.

HTH

I'd like to see some of the Pacific island players get a go in the Championship however I think with the general belt tightening and the change in the visa rules it's unlikely.

Yes, and yes. Given that we don't yet know what we will be playing for next season, and won't know until well after the RLWC I can't see any Championship club splashing any cash around at the moment. those that have already done so will be sweating a little, I reckon.

Can't we get Joe bond married to a Slovakian woman in Dewsbury

Seems to work for the rest of the world in visa applications ;)

I'll marry him meself if he's any good. :tongue:

I'll marry him meself if he's any good. :tongue:

As you have already married your sister GOR you can't as it would make you a biggamist!

BSJ  -  Correct to date apart from B Watkinson.

Pre Season starts tomorrow night I think,  I am doing my own pre season warm weather training.

As regards the squad being complete, well .........................................

Another holiday WR? How the other half live!

You're right, of course - pre-season starts tonight. Some aching legs and lungs over the next months I expect.

:comando: