Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAIDERSRUS

England v Italy

59 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for the double header at Salford please?

Ours have arrived today, really looking forward to it.

got my two today a bargain at £10 for two.

I hope there'll be highlights of the match somewhere. I assume its not being televised live?

Suprised premier arnt showing this

Because they don't hold the rights to show it. Sky hold the rights to England games (except the RLWC) and it's no surprise they can't be bothered showing it. As this isn't an official RLWC game then there's nothing Premier can do, even though I'm sure they'd have liked to show it.

A tweet may have to be sent to ask why they aren't

I did tweet them about it a couple of weeks ago but I didn't get a response which is unusual as I've had responses to previous tweets from Premier.  Maybe they just missed it as I only sent it once.

Hopefully the lack of a TV presence will result in a bigger turnout at the match(es).  I'm hoping to go although I may be a walk up as I think next week is too close to the event to rely upon tickets getting to me in time.

I've just spotted that Premier are showing a WC warm up game live next Sunday afternoon at 2.45, although on the Sky Guide it doesn't specically say which game. I'm assuming it'll be the NZ v Cooks game from Doncaster, as Sky NZ are showing live coverage of the game as well.

I've just spotted that Premier are showing a WC warm up game live next Sunday afternoon at 2.45, although on the Sky Guide it doesn't specically say which game. I'm assuming it'll be the NZ v Cooks game from Doncaster, as Sky NZ are showing live coverage of the game as well.

Yeh there showing that been advertising it for a bit on premier, really dissapointed that we've not managed to sort something out regarding England

Yeh there showing that been advertising it for a bit on premier, really dissapointed that we've not managed to sort something out regarding England

I know they've been advertising the match but nothing been said about showing it, whether it be live or highlights.

This may sound silly, but I think it might be better not televising the game, just incase there is a poor turnout. this could put some people off the WC. They may think it is what the tournament is going to be like. Also, more people may be inclined to go to watch live!

got my two today a bargain at £10 for two.

Me to.

I'm hoping to go although I may be a walk up as I think next week is too close to the event to rely upon tickets getting to me in time.

Have a look at this, £10 and you might be able to pick them up at the Stadium, I'm ringing up tomorrow to find out, but bought them today before the deal expired and I can get a refund in the first 24 hours anyhow if there's a problem.

Be a real shame if there's not a decent crowd on, tickets are a steal, kids free, not sure what more could be done, really looking forward to seeing how the teams are shaping up, 5 going from ours, including 2 total newbies plus myself.

Which part of the ground are other peoples tickets? Me and the Mrs are in the west stand.

The Amazon local deal works by ordering online, ringing up the RFL number on the ticket voucher you get sent and then they give you a booking number so you can pick tickets up on Saturday at the stadium.  Pretty straight forward, took 5 minutes in all and international rugby for 10 quid a head as a result - result!

Guy from the RFL also pro-actively pushing tickets for the RLWC whilst waiting for things to process, good effort.

According to Dave Craven @DCravenYPSport

Starting Team: Tomkins Hall Ablett Cudjoe Briscoe Chase Sinfield Graham McIlorum Mossop Hock Farrell S Burgess

Subs: Charnley, Watkins, Widdop, Burrow, Hill, Roby, G Burgess

According to Dave Craven @DCravenYPSport

Starting Team: Tomkins Hall Ablett Cudjoe Briscoe Chase Sinfield Graham McIlorum Mossop Hock Farrell S Burgess

Subs: Charnley, Watkins, Widdop, Burrow, Hill, Roby, G Burgess

I find it odd that Charnley and Watkins aren't starting if this is the team.

I find it odd that Charnley and Watkins aren't starting if this is the team.

This team means little in the context of the game v Australia. They will rotate wingers and try out different tactics and Watkins could well be just back to full fitness - hence they may only want to give him 20 minutes off the bench. Roby will be starting in Cardiff for sure so this is an experimental game and that is probably why so many subs are allowed etc.

This team means little in the context of the game v Australia. They will rotate wingers and try out different tactics and Watkins could well be just back to full fitness - hence they may only want to give him 20 minutes off the bench. Roby will be starting in Cardiff for sure so this is an experimental game and that is probably why so many subs are allowed etc.

I hope you are right but I wouldn't have an extra halfback on the bench at Cardiff. He has to make a decision who is 6 and 7 are. Against the Aussies, an extra half back on the bench is a waste in my opinion...

I'm not so sure Roby will be starting in Cardiff. I have a feeling he will come off the bench.

T Burgess and Hardaker playing for the Knights against Samoa (Hardaker playing centre)

I'd prefer to see a Widdop-Sinfield halves combination. I also think Watkins is the best centre in the squad.

But as others suggested, in friendlies they tend to rotate players throughout the game- especially with so many replacements on the bench. McNamara might go with one team combo in the first half and another for the second half.

Either way, having England play a team like Italy will be great for promoting the tournament, smashing the image that RL is a game only played in 3 countries. There was even a piece about it this morning in the London Metro.