Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Doug

Bradford Dudley Hill No Show

65 posts in this topic

Jan.......army, I have deleted your latest abuse, give it a rest before you get a rest.

Nowt to do with me. so why tell me then? Good to see you had such a high opinion of your rugby ability , shame blokes handing brown envelopes out didn't share that opinion you'd have been quids in now and could have moved to oz with rest of mercenaries

Cas panthers traveled to Saddleworth last season with 11 players and then the following week traveled to dudley hill with 12 because rules are rules I sympathise with dh but a lot of clubs have been in same situ b7t scraped some kind of team together

Nowt to do with me. so why tell me then? Good to see you had such a high opinion of your rugby ability , shame blokes handing brown envelopes out didn't share that opinion you'd have been quids in now and could have moved to oz with rest of mercenaries

Calm it down.

One warning has already been given out.

It's true all clubs have tales of going places with 12 and 13 men but I agree with Celtic rooster the younger players coming through have different mentality and lack commitment to the cause.

What you think will happen to Fev Lions and Crosfields?

They will have to reapply to the league and the other clubs will either vote them in or out off the NCL at the AGM

If clubs were honest with themselves, how many have been close to have been in a similar situation as BDH. I have seen clubs travelling short this season.

Yes all clubs go through similar situations usually when they have not had many under 18s coming through think it will happen a lot more in the coming seasons if we remain with clubs under18s playing in the summer or if  there in not a change in the academy set up.

And what's wrong with stopping at 1 club and not getting payed !!!

You can't of been that good you played for Mayfield all your "career" as you put it and never got paid

Nothing did it myself.

West hull openly admitt to paying players, why Mayfield say they don't is beyond me. Warriors got kicked out of ncl for 5 years yet the core of the team stayed! Says something about the team spirit they have n truly do play for they mates n badge, we came back better! How many teams can say they have done that! If you don't have pride for your mates n club then  wots the point in being amateur!

West hull openly admitt to paying players, why Mayfield say they don't is beyond me. Warriors got kicked out of ncl for 5 years yet the core of the team stayed! Says something about the team spirit they have n truly do play for they mates n badge, we came back better! How many teams can say they have done that! If you don't have pride for your mates n club then  wots the point in being amateur!

Get real - Mayfield dont admit to paying players because they dont do it!

Look at the team and name who you think is getting paid - they are mostly young lads with a precious connection to the club (played there as a junior) that have tried their arm elsewhere and come back to enjoy their rugby - there are no superstars who would even command getting paid

I also know that a player left Mayfield this season to go and get paid elsewhere so it looks like your barking up the wrong tree here  

Look at the team and name who you think is getting paid - they are mostly young lads with a precious connection to the club (played there as a junior) that have tried their arm elsewhere and come back to enjoy their rugby - there are no superstars who would even command getting paid

I also know that a player left Mayfield this season to go and get paid elsewhere so it looks like your barking up the wrong tree here

I played against an Aussie and a couple Fijians that definitely wasn't born in Rochdale!!

Mayfield talent for attracting players from different country's is outstanding to say they don't pay there players

A few seasons ago Mayfield looked to be on their chin strap but have since regrouped.

You state Mayfield are a very young side who have obviously got talent, Where Mayfield the Rochdale area team that benefitted a few years ago from the RFL/Service areas decision to direct the best local juniors towards one club from other amateur teams?...........................It happened so don't get angry :P

I played against an Aussie and a couple Fijians that definitely wasn't born in Rochdale!!

Mayfield talent for attracting players from different country's is outstanding to say they don't pay there players

I trust you aren't aware that Rochdale is home to the largest Fijian community in the UK outside of London? Rochdale and Fiji's Rugby League connection goes back to the 1960's.

Mayfield will openly tell you that what they offer any Austrailian is free living accomodation whilst they are in this country in return for playing - non of them get paid 

Re the Fijian he is a lad that came to be in the Army and ended up living in Rochdale and again dosent get paid

Mayfield will openly tell you that what they offer any Austrailian is free living accomodation whilst they are in this country in return for playing

Does Jananbillingsbarmyarmy know? Poor lad he's dedicated his whole life to that club and only had a few free pints out of it.

A few seasons ago Mayfield looked to be on their chin strap but have since regrouped.

You state Mayfield are a very young side who have obviously got talent, Where Mayfield the Rochdale area team that benefitted a few years ago from the RFL/Service areas decision to direct the best local juniors towards one club from other amateur teams?...........................It happened so don't get angry :P

No !, we use to lose our Youth Players to Folly Lane and other Salford Clubs as they where the Only Super League Team offering Scholarships and the Scholarship Coaches were involved with those clubs. Now Scouts come from all the Super League Clubs offering Scholarships ! :tongue: 

As Regards the 'Brown Envelopes' if you have Proof of who is Receiving them please Share, we put all our Resources into our Ground/Clubhouse as you may of seen when your so Called '2nd Team' came over (Butterball, Too Strong) , The Clubhouse and Pitches we own outright so we have no spare Cash to Pay Players ! :tongue:

Fact, Fijians Played sixties and seventies, for Rochdale. I remember them. And by the way, mayfield were a very aggressive team, even borderline, to being thugs, mayfield flu, was quite common. But we survived.but once saw st joes, beat them in a final at saddle worth, 70s the mayfield bullies were, put in there place by 2 props, Walsh, and weavill, is there anybody remember that one.

Fact, Fijians Played sixties and seventies, for Rochdale. I remember them. And by the way, mayfield were a very aggressive team, even borderline, to being thugs, mayfield flu, was quite common. But we survived.but once saw st joes, beat them in a final at saddle worth, 70s the mayfield bullies were, put in there place by 2 props, Walsh, and weavill, is there anybody remember that one.

Wow they've had players on the payroll since 60's and 70's

Dave Weavill went on to play for Huddersfield RL for many years.He was tough and  strong and very uncompromising.

Dave Weavill went on to play for Huddersfield RL for many years.He was tough and  strong and very uncompromising.

Played for Warringon for a few seasons as well did Dave