Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phildog

The Ronnie Earnshaw Stadium

6 posts in this topic

In light of the sad news that Ronnie has passed, I believe it would be fitting that the stadium should be re-named The Ron Earnshaw Mount Pleasant Stadium. We have not really taken to the re-branding of The Love RL.com Stadium,and in view of the fact that Ronnie has put far more into Batley RLFC than Love RL will ever do, I feel it would be a statement to the whole RL community .of just how much this man meant to Batley RLFC. Please support this idea and let the board know of your feelings.

In light of the sad news that Ronnie has passed, I believe it would be fitting that the stadium should be re-named The Ron Earnshaw Mount Pleasant Stadium. We have not really taken to the re-branding of The Love RL.com Stadium,and in view of the fact that Ronnie has put far more into Batley RLFC than Love RL will ever do, I feel it would be a statement to the whole RL community .of just how much this man meant to Batley RLFC. Please support this idea and let the board know of your feelings.

Its a great sentiment, but its all a bit too early - Leave the family and those closest to him to grieve a little before embarking on anything.

Given the timescale of events, I really feel it's more than a little inappropriate to be coming up with ideas for commemoration. Some quiet respect for the wishes of his family - who will currently be grieving and dealing with the still raw emotions of a loved ones loss, is probably needed at this stage.

Brilliant idea but please give nell end family time to come to terms with things first.their emotions must be too raw at this time.r.I.p.ron.

Agreed, just an idea for the future! Appreciate family's grief, but am sure that they would be buoyed by the sentiment.

Agreed, just an idea for the future! Appreciate family's grief, but am sure that they would be buoyed by the sentiment.

Nice thought phildog