Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thirteenthman

Samoans backed by Government - with conditions...

35 posts in this topic

Not sure if Freddie is officially in the Samoa RLWC tour party, but I think he has previously held a "tour manager" title before for the Samoan national team.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he is a player agent nowadays with clients in both RL & RU.

Well they lost today. But how proud should the Samoan government be of their men?

After watching that the Samoans should be giving that team lifetime honours and if I was the president I would worry if that 125kg prop ever gets into politics!

Great game and has set the competition alight

And what about Sean Long in a Samoan top - big smile well done lad on the field at the end enjoying the feeling with the players

Well they lost today. But how proud should the Samoan government be of their men?

I've just spent 10 minutes searching for this thread!

They should be so proud it's unreal. I think someone should put the game on a DVD and show it to him.

one can only hope he loses his next election. And I really really hope that the game gets a good airing in Samoa. Awesome stuff

Just got around to watching the NZ v Samoa game.  If the Prime minister doesn't believe that those 17 players represented the Island with 100% effort, 100% passion, 100% physicality mixed in with no short measure of skill, he must be the thickest leader on the planet!

Just got around to watching the NZ v Samoa game.  If the Prime minister doesn't believe that those 17 players represented the Island with 100% effort, 100% passion, 100% physicality mixed in with no short measure of skill, he must be the thickest leader on the planet!

Judging by his comment, he is the thickest leader on the planet. A few too many blows to the head playing RU, I'd guess.

I am hoping that Samoa will win their next two games (even if it does sadly mean the elimination of PNG) so they finish second in their group and play Fiji in the next round. Suc a match up would have to be refereed by the International Atomic Energy Agency.