Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

storz7

Just a idea....

13 posts in this topic

What about having barrow raiders vs barrow district select side as one of pre season friendly ? Be a good chance to see if there's any amateur players good enough to step up to that level..... Plus it would get a good crowd As well

No they play Cumbria....

I mean the local club just round here a side made up from walney , askam , ulv , dalton, barrow island , hindpool, roose, millom

good idea

For the last 2 seasons we have played a Hunslet all stars team made up from out 2 local sides. The crowds are pretty good but players don't like getting tonked and last year if you wanted to play you got a game where as the year before you had to be selected to play

It's was done about 5 years ago but dont think its happened since. I think it was pencilled in again a few years ago but got postponed because of a frozen pitch

Haha cheers Gary your the best! You can coach it.... Be a good day out seeing lads from there club against barrow would get a big crowd.... There will be lads from each club good enough to give barrow a good game.... What's everyone eles think? Get it organised (someone from barrow raiders)

Im sure the last game at the ground along those sort of lines was something to do with Ulverston. About 3 seasons ago. Maybe Im wrong. But it was a good day. Big crowd. It was inbetween Xmas and New Year.

Livo, are you thinking of when Furness rugby played a barrow legends side? that was between xmas and new year

i think that got a decent crowd down