Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolford6

World Cup Replica Shirts

95 posts in this topic

I'll probably have to go to that place in Wigan .... well, it's only a 100-mile round trip.

Just keep making excuses......or just bloody buy one.

I was well 'caught up' don't you worry-but rather than griping and slating the rfl, get in your car and get to Wigan. The. If bad RFL aren't stopping you (yet)

At exactly which point between 6.17pm and 8.10am was I supposed to drive the fifty miles to Wigan and find the shop open to buy my Wales shirt?

:tongue:

At exactly which point between 6.17pm and 8.10am was I supposed to drive the fifty miles to Wigan and find the shop open to buy my Wales shirt?

Driving to Wigan is a pleasure at any time. I'm surprised you didn't do it just to enjoy the journey.

And pay for two plus return postage for one.

then wait/hope for a refund on the purchase price of one.

With no guarantee that either will be delivered within eight days.

With no guarantee that I'll be in to receive the delivery.

With the distinct possibility that a missed delivery will have been delivered by a private courier and will have to be collected from a holding depot twelve miles away ... DHL at Morley; and yes, I've had to do that several times because my sister keeps on ordering me  stuff from Amazon as birthday presents.

Does the RFL genuinely want to sell this stuff in serious numbers?

:dry:

You've already said that you don't buy online so maybe wouldn't be expected to know or understand this but there are such things as "distance selling regulations" which allow for all of these.

HTH

New fangled? In Yorkshire maybe, but in the real world?   :P

In the wake of the French Revolution, a commission organised by the French Academy of Sciences and charged with determining a single scale for all measures, advised the adoption of a decimal system (27 October, 1790) and suggested a basic unit of length equal to one ten-millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator  to be called mètre ("measure") (19th March 1791). The National Convention adopted the proposal in 1793. The first occurrence of metre in this sense in English dates to 1797  see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre

Does anyone know where I can get a Papua New Guinea replica shirt from? All I can find is the t-shirt.

I'm going to both Craven Park games.  

It's made by FI-TA so will probably be stocked by Lovell-rugby when it arrives is the UK.....they've stocked that brand before anyway and have already got teams like Cook Islands, Tonga and Fiji so i'm sure they sell the PNG Stuff.

Here's a link to the FI-TA store (in Australia) they are supplying kits for Samoa, Ireland, PNG and Italy........Not seen any in the uk yet so i reckon they are on their way now......i'm diggin' the Ireland jersey with PADDY WAGON sponsor  ;)

http://fi-ta.com.au/mall/index.php?id_category=15&controller=category

New fangled? In Yorkshire maybe, but in the real world?   :P

In the wake of the French Revolution, a commission organised by the French Academy of Sciences and charged with determining a single scale for all measures, advised the adoption of a decimal system (27 October, 1790) and suggested a basic unit of length equal to one ten-millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator  to be called mètre ("measure") (19th March 1791). The National Convention adopted the proposal in 1793. The first occurrence of metre in this sense in English dates to 1797  see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre

Let's face it; we knew it was only a matter of time before you Lancastrians started genuflecting to the French.

I've got plenty of snails in my garden, you are welcome to them if fancy eating some.

;) ;) :D

Try the Mill Village in batley, the sports shop there is the best around for rugby shirts. Or at least it was the last time I was there!! Had them all!

Tried them, but no luck.

At Odsal, I was advised to try the Leeds Rhinos store but they are not getting any World Cup shirts in either.

It's an absolute farce.

Let's face it; we knew it was only a matter of time before you Lancastrians started genuflecting to the French.

I've got plenty of snails in my garden, you are welcome to them if fancy eating some.

It's just that us lot can multiply or divide numbers if we wish. Obviously that is beyond you lot...

Tried them, but no luck.

At Odsal, I was advised to try the Leeds Rhinos store but they are not getting any World Cup shirts in either.

It's an absolute farce.

..or a commercial decision?

It's just that us lot can multiply or divide numbers if we wish. Obviously that is beyond you lot...

We can, however, add up.

Bradford Bulls

Wigan Warriors

St Helens

St Helens

St Helens

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Bradford Bulls

Leeds Rhinos

Bradford Bulls

St Helens

Leeds Rhinos

Leeds Rhinos

Leeds Rhinos

Wigan Warriors

Leeds Rhinos

Leeds Rhinos

Wigan Warriors

Yorkshire 9

Lancashire 8

And St Helens isn’t really in Lancashire

;):tongue:

I wouldn't bother anyway, website hasn't got any on, so I'd doubt if they are stocking them.....you night have to actually buy one on the internet, if you're going to get one

I'm definitely going to get one ... even though I can't stand those feathers.

Not that it makes any difference to the result, but Wigan won it in 1998, not St Helens. Your addition seems to be up to scratch, but your attention to detail needs some work.

Apologies.

I regularly seem to have problems cutting and pasting from Wikipedia.

I went to my club shop yesterday to buy a Cherry Bakewell with an England flag piped on top - apparently they're not selling them for the World Cup.

Once again the RFL have totally spoiled my enjoyment of the RLWC and because of those duffers at Rad Hall I am now forced to watch all the games without my favourite tart (the missus excluded obviously).

Have our own snails, thanks. We were racing them the other day. I thought I'd speed one up by removing its shell to save weight.....but it was too sluggish!

I went to my club shop yesterday to buy a Cherry Bakewell with an England flag piped on top - apparently they're not selling them for the World Cup.

Once again the RFL have totally spoiled my enjoyment of the RLWC and because of those duffers at Rad Hall I am now forced to watch all the games without my favourite tart (the missus excluded obviously).

:D :D :D :D :D That's GOLD

Have our own snails, thanks. We were racing them the other day. I thought I'd speed one up by removing its shell to save weight.....but it was too sluggish!

John, I've got St Helens on the phone - do you want to buy Paul Wellens?

Well mine arrived today, England one that is. Some courier express, only ordered on the weekend and got it delivered to work. At just over 15stone and 5'9" the xl is about right, material is nice and substantial without being too heavy, the badge is stitched on and feels like a quality shirt. Only bugbear is the one I have with all sports shirts these days: stupid collar design. Simple is best but that doesn't to penetrate the thick skull of whoever controls the design of these things. Overall though very happy and will be proudly wearing it to the opening ceremony

Yup. It's a major city and Scotland are in the competition. Should be an outlet in both Glasgow and Edinburgh. Obviously, maybe not in Aberdeen or the Shetlands.

Bradford is Britain's ninth biggest city. It has at least 8000 hardcore rugby league fans and many more who watched their team become the world champion club. It doesn't seem to have a sales outlet, Bulls or otherwise, for shirts and tickets.

There is a whole real world outside the internet.

aye and apparently you dont live in it. Nobody in their right mind would invest money in making shirts available in cities like Edinburgh.

aye and apparently you dont live in it. Nobody in their right mind would invest money in making shirts available in cities like Edinburgh.

Fair enough. I hadn't realised that Scotland were not going to have a "home" fixture.

Fair enough. I hadn't realised that Scotland were not going to have a "home" fixture.

It's actually an annoyance of mine that Scotland don't even have their warmup game against PNG in Scotland. Every year they play home games in Glasgow or Edinburgh, apart from World Cup year which is a missed opportunity imho.

We either want to grow the game in places like this or we don't.

Personally I wish we'd just give up if we are going to treat the Scottish game with such disdain. If Scotland RL can't afford to stage 1 game a year when the team they are playing are in camp in Yorkshire then we should give up and focus on a smaller number of nations.

Sorry for the rant, just pees me off a bit!