Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phildog

World Cup

39 posts in this topic

After agree bsj sinfield never been international quailty and never been a stand off imho sooner see chase and widdop everyday of the week.

Hya Frank, BISSA are running a trip to the World Cup Semi Finals at Wembley ( Double Header) from the Mount in November. The trip is oversubscribed so there WILL be a bus of 56 going down for what will be a brilliant weekend. Also yesterday on local radio it was announced the game at the John Smiths stadium Eng v Ireland was sold out.

Colinb.

ps. Thanks for your long distant support of BISSA.

Thanks Colin, Pleased to hear BISSA are running a trip to the semis.I hope you all have a great time and anyone else that is going.

Looking at posting on various boards there is a certain amount of couldn't be bothered going, but, in a time of ever dwindling  support for our clubs, this World Cup is a great opportunity for league supporters to get behind it and try to interest non league people to attend the games.It could  lift the supporter base.

Even at this distance always ready to support BISSA.

Tried to book tickets for the England Ireland game at the John Smiths Stadium but couldn't even get 2 seats together (needed 3). So based on that I think sales must be doing ok :)

Tried to book tickets for the England Ireland game at the John Smiths Stadium but couldn't even get 2 seats together (needed 3). So based on that I think sales must be doing ok :)

According to the RLWC it is a sell out.

at the moment i'm going cardiff ( we have 30 going from the Ravens)  next saturday for opener, short trip down to Brissle otherwise known as Bristol for cook islands v usa , semi finals at wembley, final at old trafford ( got tickets but might be in chicago so will have to find a bar to watch it) plus got a week in leeds 2nd week in november so will see what games are on that week that are reachable and not sold out... i think in total we have sold over 200 tickets via New Ravens ( did help getting the world cup come to our club in march for a few hours) so looks like there is more interest outside the heartlands

England lose 15-14 to Italy. All the pre world cup hype destroyed in 80 minutes.

Aussies will get 60 next week.

According to todays newspaper one of the Italian team has only played 5 games of Rugby League in his life!  I assume that he previously played RU? 

Never have understood why Sinfield gets picked at 6 at international level when he doesn't play it for his club. he's never cut it at top level i.e. Aussies and NZ, now can't even cut it against Italy!! Does anybody now my point regarding England at high altitude and the nitty gritty and reality of the RLWC? That said, where were the Italians? The whole question of qualification criteria is cock-eyed, whichever country you think of you're always playing against NRL/SL players. Congratulations to the USA who chose American players only.

Well based on your argument against sinfield then neither can Sam Tomkins. If Grix had been on instead of him it would have been an england win :P

Never have understood why Sinfield gets picked at 6 at international level when he doesn't play it for his club. he's never cut it at top level i.e. Aussies and NZ, now can't even cut it against Italy!! Does anybody now my point regarding England at high altitude and the nitty gritty and reality of the RLWC? That said, where were the Italians? The whole question of qualification criteria is cock-eyed, whichever country you think of you're always playing against NRL/SL players. Congratulations to the USA who chose American players only.

No they didn't.

No they didn't.

Far from it! I think the Americans only have 2-3 American-born players in their squad. There's been a bit of controversy over the fact that they've pretty much ditched all the homegrown American players who got them to the tournament and replaced them with Australians who happen to have an American grandparent.

I'm with you phildog - if they wanted the England squad training somewhere with no atmosphere, why not send them to the Don Valley Stadium ? :rolleyes:

Imho i agree that sinfield isnt international quailty no pace great kicking game but to me brillant at leeds . At world level psssenger in games at times . Widdop and chase sinfield 13 at a push . Anyone agree with this ???