Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard de la Riviere

Scotland World Cup games

167 posts in this topic

It's says in the Sun that the game is on sky sports 1 at 4.30 but when you look at the planner there's no mention.

When I was looking on text I realised that (other than the opening game) England's group games are kicking off at a similar time to the England rugby union internationals! What sort of lunatic would put games which are on terrestrial TV against another game that part of your target audience are guaranteed to watch.

How is that helping promote RL in this country?!

Excellent news. Real shame these matched aren't on TV.

Dead right mate , and pretty unacceptable . We have wall to wall union , even behind the red button there's even more !

Sky sports, Scotland v tonga sold out.

not quite yet, just got my 2 tickets for the popside online for me and the missus, cant wait!!

by the way do tonga do the haka?

It's on the town website that there is about 500 tickets left for the Tonga game and 700 for the Italy game. Ticket sales averaging 100 tickets sold per day

Tonga do have a haka....Youtube.. Tonga Rugby League haka.

It's on the town website that there is about 500 tickets left for the Tonga game and 700 for the Italy game. Ticket sales averaging 100 tickets sold per day

so whats that 9000+ sold for the tonga game and just under 9000 for the italy game?

that is awesome if so! sounds like its going to be a sell out for both games and a cracking atmosphere to suit! 

so whats that 9000+ sold for the tonga game and just under 9000 for the italy game?

that is awesome if so! sounds like its going to be a sell out for both games and a cracking atmosphere to suit!

The tickets that they are referring to are for the Covered Popularside but I think there is still tickets for the open town end of the ground terracing, although how they can keep them apart I don't know!!!

I think they have just standing tickets dont they

Scotland squad out in town tonite. Gotta feel sorry for the Town lads you get called up for the world cup and go into camp with the lads and where do you end up for the night out!!!?

I think they have just standing tickets dont they

tickets say

popular side terrace

Enter via turnstiles 12 -15

Standing terrace

So who knows?

Probably be able to stand anywhere doubt they will separate the pop side and behind the sticks

I noticed in our two night matches at the end of the season there was no lights on the way out of the ground..down the steps from the town end and leading to the turnstiles.hopefully there is lighting now.

Will we notice any changes to DP when we watch the world cup?

Tonga do have a haka....Youtube.. Tonga Rugby League haka.

I looked for that to ... Not as good as the NZ haka but good fun none the less

Did you see the NZ haka today David? You might change your mind. I thought it was pretty naff

I did . A new composition apparently. I agree the original one is the best .

Did you see the NZ haka today David? You might change your mind. I thought it was pretty naff

i agree, i thought both of them were naff, The NZ one was nowhere near as good as the old one, and the cook island one went on abit to long......

Been announced that Shayne Hayne will ref the Tonga game and Henry Perenara the Italy game ! A final sign of how big these games are

6.000 at each would be a great achievent considering certain people said it would be a dismal failure !!

It was a great atmosphere in 2000 the last time we had a WC game with a crowd of 4,000 so this should be even better. Most blokes I know are hoping to pay on the day, I was as well until I heard how many have been sold, so I bought them on line yesterday 2 tickets for each game for £45, can't wait now.

I hope we get some decent weather for the games as there is a lot going on in and around the town on match days. Let's hope we can get the bars sorted and get some money into our coffers.

I know we have 3 Town players in the Scotland squad but as a total Jockophobe I'll probably be at the Tonga game in grass skirt !!!! only kidding.... come on you plastic Jocks !!! I bought a tin of shortbreads once....does that qualify me to play ?

Yes decent weather is what we need now . Dry will do , fingers crossed . Makes such a difference .