Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard de la Riviere

Scotland World Cup games

167 posts in this topic

Been announced that Shayne Hayne will ref the Tonga game and Henry Perenara the Italy game ! A final sign of how big these games are

Wasn't Perenara's first game in this country in a Town match? To give him a run out for an up-coming international match.

Don't know but Ashley Klein is the video ref and I remember him reffing a play off game against Hunslet once . On this subject , do you remember many years back when Greg Mccallum was in the country for internationals and he came up here to ref a match .

I think we could break 7500 for the Sunday game and nearly 7000 for the Tuesday night game, which, I guess will be ahead of expectations.

And to think that we may have been lumbered with a max 5000 capacity stadium, with temporary seats.

Thanks to the combined efforts of all in Copeland, the World cup games are to be played at a stadium than can accommodate the interest in the game both locally and nationally.

I put a comment on the Skysports website under the Danny Brough article saying how the town was rocking for the WC , and how tickets were flying off the shelves and the flags were up etc ... A totally un controversial piece , and there's two negative reactions !!! Those Havenites are obviously still peeved !!!

I put a comment on the Skysports website under the Danny Brough article saying how the town was rocking for the WC , and how tickets were flying off the shelves and the flags were up etc ... A totally un controversial piece , and there's two negative reactions !!! Those Havenites are obviously still peeved !!!

These will be Haven fans who are n't going to the games because DP got the gig.

Thier bitterness will mean they miss on top class RL, and could have boosted the gates even more, to show that West Cumbri will support the top games.

These will be Haven fans who are n't going to the games because DP got the gig.

Thier bitterness will mean they miss on top class RL, and could have boosted the gates even more, to show that West Cumbri will support the top games.

apparently both games would be lucky to get 3k combined!! Thats what one of the jampots said after town secured the matches. As the saying goes he who laughs last.

THe RL must be delighted that havens new stadium didn't materialise, wasn't the capacity about 3,000 ?

THe RL must be delighted that havens new stadium didn't materialise, wasn't the capacity about 3,000 ?

Permanent capacity was about 3,200 to 3,300 then with temporary seating to take it up to 5,000-ish for the WC games.

No doubt some Haven fans will come on here and assure us the capacity was 18 million or something!

RLWC committee must be well pleased with all the positive stories coming out about excellent ticket sales. 5,000 for a game at Pow Beck would have been good but 7,500 is way better

Be at the Italy game next sunday cant go Tonga due to wrk going png v France this Sunday at Hull

Met office warning for wind and rain in Monday .... The gods couldn't be so cruel surely ...

Tonga name 19 man squad for Tuesday

1. Glen Fisi’iahi

2. Daniel Tupou

3. Jorge Taufua

4. Konrad Hurrel

5. Sosaia Feki

6. Samisoni Langi

7. Daniel Foster

8. Brent Kite

9. Siliva Havili

10. Fuifui Moimoi

11. Sika Manu

12. Jason Taumalolo

13. Willie Manu

14. Nafe Seluini

15. Ben Murdoch-Masila

16. Ukuma Ta’ai

17. Mickey Paea

18. Siosaia Vave

19. Suiatonga Likiliki

Err , good luck Scotland , I think you may need it !!! What an experience for our lads though .

Ordered tickets today online for the Scotland - Italy game, and the lady stated they were for the Town End.

I would presume there will be some sort of "separation" between Town End and Popular Side, because if it's pouring down everyone will move undercover and there will be serious (and dangerous) overcrowding in the Pop. side.

Anyhow, looking forward to a great experience of World Cup Rugby in the town. Been far too long time since DP had these sort of crowds.

Ordered tickets today online for the Scotland - Italy game, and the lady stated they were for the Town End.

I would presume there will be some sort of "separation" between Town End and Popular Side, because if it's pouring down everyone will move undercover and there will be serious (and dangerous) overcrowding in the Pop. side.

Anyhow, looking forward to a great experience of World Cup Rugby in the town. Been far too long time since DP had these sort of crowds.

I was wondering the same thing, mine are for the popular side but if its raining how is this going to be policed, could someone from the club explain or it could get quite cosy over there!!

Surely if the popular side was sold out it would have to be stewarded common sense would say that. You can't have a stand with a 3,000 capacity or whatever it is and allow an extra 2,000 in because its raining can you?

When was the lasr time we saw a crowd like this at DP ? Biggest I saw was 18,000 for the 1965 Wigan cup tie, I think we had around 10,000 for Leeds in 1978. We had a few around the 7,000 mark in superleague and a big turn out for the Salford semi final in the Ray Ashton era (8,000 I think).

My tickets are for the Popular side, it says turnstiles 12-15, I think they are opening the very far turnstiles past the grandstand at the river end for the pop side, and people use the town end turnstiles for back of the sticks, but I could be wrong. 

Guy at work just tried to get a ticket for the Tomga game and was told they were sold out !!! surely they haven't sold over 9k !!!

Guy at work just tried to get a ticket for the Tomga game and was told they were sold out !!! surely they haven't sold over 9k !!!

I hope not. I have managed to get off work for tommorow at the last minute and dont have a ticket yet.

Just found out there will be a couple of turnstiles open tomorrow for anyone wanting to pay at the gate.

My tickets are for the Popular side, it says turnstiles 12-15, I think they are opening the very far turnstiles past the grandstand at the river end for the pop side, and people use the town end turnstiles for back of the sticks, but I could be wrong. 

Mine are the same, hopefully it will be organised enough that chaos will not ensue :-)

What an excellent game and a fantastic crowd. Well done Scotland, brilliant display, especially that number 4.

Couldn't ask for anything more ? Proud day for our town and club . Outstanding all round ... End of .