Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sigesige00

RL 9s and 7s?

9 posts in this topic

In RU, there is the IRB World 7s every year, although there is no major international competition in 10s.

Could you tell me about RL 9s and 7s?  And is there major rule difference between 13s and 9s/7s?

the union lot have kinda monopolized 7s now...we have to make do with 9s now..

as i under stand theres no difference between 9s & 13s other than the time per half and 6 man scrums 3v3)

i expect "offical rules" to be ironed out before the NRL 9s next feb..

9's is a cracking game, always found 7's League just too hard to defend. Potentially its a great development tool for League authorities to utilise

absolutely..

i actually said that in a Q&A the RLEF did on facebook....but they just dismissed it..

imo getting all the european teams together for a weekend 9s comp would be a great way to highlight the development of the game in europe imo .

is there something about odd numbers? ...

9's is a cracking game, always found 7's League just too hard to defend. Potentially its a great development tool for League authorities to utilise

So are you for abolition of RL 7s?

Dead right.  I played in many 7's tournaments with my amateur team and it was bloody knackering.  It didn't help that they were generally played in the summer in 30 degree heat as well!

Is it possible to use 9s as extra-time tie-breaker in the knock-down competition like World Cup?