Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wakefield Ram

Well done Ian Ego Lenaghan

66 posts in this topic

http://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/dewsbury-chairman-mark-sawyer-reveals-rams-sponsorship-plight/

Yep well done to the Wigan chairman for his unprofessional approach to re-structuring proposals.

Let's hope whatever proposals are agreed meet with the approval of Sir Ian Lenaghan as after all he is the most important person in the history of the game. Well at least in his own eyes. Not quite the same when he was making such a success at London.........

Already cost Dewsbury a new sponsor.

http://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/dewsbury-chairman-mark-sawyer-reveals-rams-sponsorship-plight/

Yep well done to the Wigan chairman for his unprofessional approach to re-structuring proposals.

Let's hope whatever proposals are agreed meet with the approval of Sir Ian Lenaghan as after all he is the most important person in the history of the game.

Already cost Dewsbury a sponsor.

Actually I take it the other way... the worst type of scaremongering... and finding an easy scapegoat for yer own failings.

I'm sorry but we can't hold back the future for the sake of tin pot teams who drag the whole competition down, the time has come to move on and let the struggling teams die, only the strong should survive.

Actually I take it the other way... the worst type of scaremongering... and finding an easy scapegoat for yer own failings.

spot on.

the company in question had been left stunned by the sport’s lack of professionalism and withdrew interest immediately.

To be fair, it was only a matter of time before they found out about this.

I'm sorry but we can't hold back the future for the sake of tin pot teams who drag the whole competition down, the time has come to move on and let the struggling teams die, only the strong should survive.

In case you hadn't noticed, there's considerably more 'tin pot' teams than there are who can fully support themselves. Bring it on and there'll be a 'SL' of about 4 clubs within 3 years.......

Let's hope whatever proposals are agreed meet with the approval of Sir Ian Lenaghan as after all he is the most important person in the history of the game. Well at least in his own eyes. Not quite the same when he was making such a success at London.........

Already cost Dewsbury a new sponsor.

Mr Lenegan does not think the game below SL should exist, I imagine he'll be well pleased at this.

Glad something got sorted for this fine club.

Blame the RFL for being unprofessional not sl chairman

Do you actually know anything about what's been going on?

In case you hadn't noticed, there's considerably more 'tin pot' teams than there are who can fully support themselves. Bring it on and there'll be a 'SL' of about 4 clubs within 3 years.......

teams like dewsbury batley hunslet will never amount to anything why should super league support them die or merge the time has come to clear out the wasters.

Mr Lenegan does not think the game below SL should exist, I imagine he'll be well pleased at this.

is there any record of him saying this? Can you provide a quote or a link?

teams like dewsbury batley hunslet will never amount to anything why should super league support them die or merge the time has come to clear out the wasters.

Who would you suggest they merger with and for what purpose?

clear them out from where?the championship and champship one? The clubs you mention matter a lot to the game and do some very good work on and off the pitch. What makes them 'wasters'

Maybe I'm missing something and this is a whoosh moment.

however...So the Rams have failed in a sponsorship deal. Has that never happened before? It seems a bit of a cop out to blame others for it.

Utterly breath taking in its ignorance. What exactly constitutes amounting to something? As the above post states, these clubs are valuable to their towns and communities, though some fail to see this.

How exactly does the SL support my own club of Batley?

Says a lot about how some rugby league clubs want to promote themselves that getting a 'name' sponsor like Yorkshire Building Society in place as main shirt sponsor is buried in the article.

Says a lot about how some rugby league clubs want to promote themselves that getting a 'name' sponsor like Yorkshire Building Society in place as main shirt sponsor is buried in the article.

Its Yorkshire Building Services - Not the building society.

is there any record of him saying this? Can you provide a quote or a link?

Call it an opinion piece

Jesus Christ, are you for real?

:banghead:

clear them out from where?the championship and champship one? The clubs you mention matter a lot to the game and do some very good work on and off the pitch. What makes them 'wasters'

Spot on

Its Yorkshire Building Services - Not the building society.

My error.  I read the article too quickly.

Still, way to big up the new sponsor?!

My error.  I read the article too quickly.

Still, way to big up the new sponsor?!

They were an existing sponsor. But your point is still valid.

Well My Missus, your clearly just trying to wind people up with statements like that. Your no rugby league fan and your arrogance and narrow mindedness is exactly why the game has struggled for years and what it is now moving away from thank goodness. How you can post such rubbish on here while on other forums there is so much positivity going on surrounding the World Cup and what a successful competition would do for the whole game just shows your complete lack of knowledge and understanding of Rugby league. Don't bother replying to me to try and get one back I won't be reading any of your posts again, your one fan the Greatest Game can do without.

Glad something got sorted for this fine club.

Do you actually know anything about what's been going on?

They were an existing sponsor. But your point is still valid.

"Despite the turmoil caused to clubs outside the Super League caused by the cancellation of the Championship Cup and the ongoing difficulties in finding a structure for 2015 and beyond, Dewsbury Rams are pleased to announce that Yorkshire Building Services have increased their involvement to become the club's principal shirt sponsor."