Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArthurDaley

Great start by England

18 posts in this topic

The writing was on the wall as soon as our illustrious coach went on record as saying we would win it!  Yes, WOULD, not can no he had to put both feet in his mouth and try to make sense!

I really wish I could hope for a good showing in the competition but as soon as we meet a decent outfit we'll choke like we have for 30 odd years.   Maybe if our players spent as much time training as they appear to on the tattooist's couch we might be able to take the Aussies and New Zealanders on with a bit of confidence, I dread playing the likes of Fiji though!

Blinking Italy, the shame of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Pugwash.

Lots of pressure before its even started.Have to fancy Fiji out of Englands group from what we saw yesterday, which would be a disaster.

Went to Pinks-ville yesterday, and it was grim!

The good news (hopefully) is we can't play that badly again!

England v Convicts on Saturday is the first of a 23 games WC marathon that my mates on I are going to, and looking forward to!

As a Swinton fan ('Ornits too I would imagine!) I'm a born optimist, and the same goes for internationals as well!

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

Just think what the score might have been if our boys hadn't been on that high altitude training in South Africa and our coach hadn't been down to see the boys who play in Australia during the British Lions tour.

All this expensive preparation no doubt avoided us being nilled by the mighty Italians.

Is it too late to name all the irish squad in the England team?  Nationalities seem to be an optional extra in rugby league.  That way we might avoid further embarrassment.

Amazingly the 'Man of Steel' a Brit wasn't picked but we put a foreigner in the squad instead!

I will of course support England in the competition but more in hope than expectation.

Pugwash.

Not only the man of steel, but also the vast majority of the team of the season (which for the first time had NO IMPORTS in it) will be watching on TV (or at least not wearing an England shirt)!

To be fair the man of steel couldn't be picked because he declared himself for scotland several months ago didn't he? But the reason he did that was he had been repeatedly overlooked by McNamara for the England squad.

Afraid I only have tickets for semis and final so dont expect to be able to cheer for England by that time.

As I understand it Danny Brough waited until he was left out of the England set-up before he decided to pitch in with the Jocks, I could be wrong though?!?!?

Pugwash.

Bad lot unfortunately Hock it would appear but from what I understand he wasn't the only one and has been a fall guy

Anyway moving on Brett Ferris in to replace him

Great news - Hock is a loose cannon who is always prone to give up stupid penalties at the wrong time in the wrong place.

I would have loved to have seen Hock sort out Gallen or Fifita though.

:D

I would have loved to have seen Hock sort out Gallen or Fifita though.

:D

I think you mean, win a second prize.

WOW!! You'd have to have a heart made of stone not to be moved by that piece!

Pugwash.

I wouldn't mind tackling one of the Burgesses. Yes the one in the middle. Their Mum.pg-64-burgess-mum-getty.jpg