Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave T

26/10/13: World Cup Game 1 - Australia v England

Who will win?   111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

958 posts in this topic

I blame the coach for the defeat, he selected the squad and IMO has made some poor selections and omissions. Crabtree should be there in place of Tom Burgess, Atkins should be there in place of Ablett, Brough should be there in place of Sinfield and I'd also find room for Goulding.

He should have driven home his strict level of discipline over the last 3 years leaving his players in no doubt whaere the line was drawn and what wasn't acceptable, then we wouldn't have a reported 6/7 of his squad out on the beer during camp. The resultant Johnny come lately heavy handed disciplinery measures have robbed us of one sqad member and seen others dropped from a crucial game which in turn is rumoured to have upset the squad. The omission of Graham on its own could have been the main factor in us losing yesterday and we now face a much more difficult route to the final.

Problem is the team is picked now

No point going over what's been said for the last three years but figure how to make it work now

Thing is Ant people are talking as if it's not working, we only just lost yesterday against the best team in the world, cut down on the silly errors and we win.

Yesterday was the best we've played against Australia since 2006

Omega statements like 'he offered nothing' just show either lack of knowledge or your prejudice or both!

I agree

But the halves aren't working, and haven't worked in the exiles games

Omega statements like 'he offered nothing' just show either lack of knowledge or your prejudice or both!

There you go again, you just can't help yourself!

Sinfield offers no threat to the best international teams, their defences can virtually ignore him because he can't hurt them, that is simply not tenable from an international half back.

I blame the coach for the defeat, he selected the squad and IMO has made some poor selections and omissions. Crabtree should be there in place of Tom Burgess, Atkins should be there in place of Ablett, Brough should be there in place of Sinfield and I'd also find room for Goulding.

He should have driven home his strict level of discipline over the last 3 years leaving his players in no doubt whaere the line was drawn and what wasn't acceptable, then we wouldn't have a reported 6/7 of his squad out on the beer during camp. The resultant Johnny come lately heavy handed disciplinery measures have robbed us of one sqad member and seen others dropped from a crucial game which in turn is rumoured to have upset the squad. The omission of Graham on its own could have been the main factor in us losing yesterday and we now face a much more difficult route to the final.

Again,Brough made demands the coach wasn't prepared to meet,Brough didn't like it so chose Scotland.

The problem is people seem to think we have halfbacks capable of matching the best in the world.The plain and simple truth is ,we haven't and haven't for a long time.

Like "I'm the best 6 so why am I 4th choice"

Or was it "I demand to be first choice"

Well given he's the best 6 that England could have picked, what do you think?

Well given he's the best 6 that England could have picked, what do you think?

In your opinion he is,to me he isn't and neither is Sinfield,the point being people continuing agendas against certain players when other players have also failed to make an impact in the same game.As i've said ,16 other players were also responsible for yesterdays defeat yet one player was the only one that didn't perform in the England shirt.England lost because they gave away stupid penalties and lost concentration at key moments in the game,not because one player was selected that others think shouldn't be.

There you go again, you just can't help yourself!

Sinfield offers no threat to the best international teams, their defences can virtually ignore him because he can't hurt them, that is simply not tenable from an international half back.

No threat at all, so he didn't set up cudjoes try?

It's pointless discussing it with you at least Ant is honest and can give Sinfield credit when it's due.

In your opinion he is,to me he isn't and neither is Sinfield,the point being people continuing agendas against certain players when other players have also failed to make an impact in the same game.As i've said ,16 other players were also responsible for yesterdays defeat yet one player was the only one that didn't perform in the England shirt.England lost because they gave away stupid penalties and lost concentration at key moments in the game,not because one player was selected that others think shouldn't be.

Man of steel

Captain of the league leaders

Albert Goldthorp winner

Yeah, he's not the best we had this season

Man of steel

Albert Goldthorp winner

To be fair Ant he hadn't won them at the time he chose Scotland.

Man of steel

Albert Goldthorp winner

But still not on a par with Thurston or Cronk,as many seem to think he is.Yes he's won awards,fantastic.By the way,how was Watkins defence yesterday,after you had previously stated his defence was awful.

No threat at all, so he didn't set up cudjoes try?

It's pointless discussing it with you at least Ant is honest and can give Sinfield credit when it's due.

Can you not please just let it go?

It's becoming the world's most public love affair.

Bloody good, I was well impressed. Not many can keep Inglis quiet.

just shows that for once we have the backs and forwards to match the Aussies.

If anybody wants to see what a proper half back does for a team, turn Premier Sports on right now.

Bloody good, I was well impressed. Not many can keep Inglis quiet.

just shows that for once we have the backs and forwards to match the Aussies.

Cut out the silly penalties and keep the concentration up and it's job done.

Can you not please just let it go?

It's becoming the world's most public love affair.

Again Simmo with the childish posts

Again Simmo with the childish posts

You are the most obvious one trick pony I have ever seen on any forum ever.

You have nothing to say about the game in general. Your only response to anything is to big up Sinfield.

Do me one favour and just read back through your posts. It's embarrassing.

And when you have finished doing that, go and watch Johnson, and see what a real half back can do.

You have nothing to say about the game in general. Your only response to anything is to big up Sinfield.

And when you have finished doing that, go and watch Johnson, and see what a real half back can do.

There's an ignore function you know.

I'm sorry against Samoa? Show me evidence of Johnson doing anything against Aus.

Or was it "I demand to be first choice"

Not that it has anything to do with this thread but, You have twice stated Brough made demands the coach wasn't prepared to meet, Then you come up with "or was it i demand to be first choice ".

Now do you know what demands he made, are you guessing what demands he made, Or are you making them up.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread but, You have twice stated Brough made demands the coach wasn't prepared to meet, Then you come up with "or was it i demand to be first choice ".

Now do you know what demands he made, are you guessing what demands he made, Or are you making them up.

Unlike others on this forum I don't post lies or pass opinion off as fact.