Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phildog

Ronnie's funeral

11 posts in this topic

Hello all users and visitors to Batley Bulldogs site. I have been asked by a member if it was possible to close the site on Friday a.m in respect to Ronnie. As this is a centrally run site it isn't possible, but I am able to ask anyone who does post regularly on the Batley site to refrain from using the site between 11.30 a.m. and 12.30 a.m. on Friday 25th October as a mark of respect. Thanks, Phil, Moderator.

Well thats a strange one Phil, i would have thought it more respectful if members of the forum who cant attend the funeral be allowed to openly celebrate Ronnies life in discussion

It's not an order!! Just a response to an idea from a fellow poster who asked a question. It may suit some and not others.If you prefer to use the time in the way you suggest, be my guest.

It's not an order!! Just a response to an idea from a fellow poster who asked a question. It may suit some and not others.If you prefer to use the time in the way you suggest, be my guest.

So what was the point in your post then

This may sound a really odd question, but does anyone know if it is formal attire for the funeral or are the attendees to wear club colours?

I Wouldnt normally ask but as Ronnie was Batley through and through I didnt know whether the latter was planned for the service?

I never saw Ron wearing a Batley Shirt and Whilst afterwards is less formal at the church I will be wearing my funeral attire.

Maybe the club could advise us what the Earnshaw family wishes are ? rather than us all speculating. Thank you

The Earnshaw family would like people attending the funeral to be dressed as they feel comfortable, If anyone would like to wear their rugby shirt that would be no problem.

I had hoped to pay my respects on Friday, but other commitments got in the way.  I trust that Ron had a good send off.

I had hoped to pay my respects on Friday, but other commitments got in the way.  I trust that Ron had a good send off.

Can only speak regards the service at Batley Parish, as due to work committments, I had to return . The attendance was, unsurprisingly, massive. Full to bursting inside and people outside. The words by Ronnies son, Rob, were wonderful, serious when needed, light when needed, a few tears and a few smiles.Also his grand daughter ( Rons), Terri, read a lovely poem, very touching, and a credit to her. A few people had club colours on, and I am led to believe the ''wake'' up at the mount was well attended and continued into the evening at the Rose of York and the Irish Nash, with club shirts around.

Thank you Colin for the reply, and sorry I couldn't make it. Its' nice to know that so many were in attendance.