Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

27/10/13: World Cup Game 3 - PNG v France

Who will win?   29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• PNG by 13 points or more
    • PNG by 7 to 12 points
    • PNG by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

133 posts in this topic

Really enjoyed this one. We wee supporting France, mainly because our youngest fancies Theo Fages http://southwakefieldsharks.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/sonny-bill-is-human-after-all/

Samoa's next two games should be crackers. Against PNG, which could decide who goes out, and then down in Perpignan. Watched the Warrington game when I got home, which just about topped off another great day in the World Cup.

Thoroughly enjoyed calling this game featuring one of the most dramatic finishes to a World Cup game.

Prior to kick-off I had the pleasure of sampling the new North Stand at the MS3 Craven Park, which is certainly going to score highly in terms of supporter comfort.

Yeh I asked this in the ticket sales thread. Warrington can sell-out 15,000 but Hull can't sell-out 10,000 :S

Still shows that whilst the RLIF, the RFL, city and county councils, broadcasters, sponsors and national bodies have been working together for the good of the game, Super League clubs still can't be assed.

If Rochdale Hornets can do it, why can't Hull FC and Hull KR??

Anyway France really really really really need to win this match. They completely choked in 2008, they choked in the 4 Nations qualifier v Wales IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD. If they don't win this they could really struggle to keep of the bottom of Group B.

don't forget there are 3 games in hull. people genuinely do not have the money to attend all. I can get to 2

Gotta say that France defended well.

Great second half and although the kick was missed, I thought France deserved it overall.

Yep. I was at the match and would agree with this.

I thought that it was a decent crowd all things considered. If you don't live there Hull isn't thye easiest place in the world to get to and even more difficult to get away from. having said that I originally tried to book seats in the West Stand but was told that three together weren't available. Imagine my surprise to see that this stand was actually only half full at kick off. I was told by a Hull KR fan that most of those had been allocated to sponsors and concession holders, in which case it was a poor effort on their part in not getting them filled.

A great game of old-fashioned RL with skill, flair, mistakes and absolutely bags of effort and desire. Well done to both sides.

Sadly I was proved right, unfotunately for PNG,Mead is not an accurate kicker.Last week against Scotland he missed a conersion which was almost identical to Don Fox.'s famous miss.

It was a shame as I thought he had a really good game at FB. That said when they got the kick the swirling wind picked up even more than it had been and the concensus around us was that this was 50/50 at best!

The Game Caller, on 28 Oct 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Thoroughly enjoyed calling this game featuring one of the most dramatic finishes to a World Cup game.

Prior to kick-off I had the pleasure of sampling the new North Stand at the MS3 Craven Park, which is certainly going to score highly in terms of supporter comfort.

It certainly was a nice place to watch from, despite the wind.

The facilities underneath were good, it had excellent leg room and a steep rake, meaning you felt nice and high (and thus a good view).

On the down side, there were no hand rails on the steps. A number of older people were struggling to get up the steps and one older gentleman fell on them - somebody gave me a hand to pick him up and then I helped him down the steps and back up on his return. Not ideal and maybe a harder thing to do at a more partisan match.

New stand looked good, and would be great on derby day.

Watching the match again on Premier Sports. There were some big hits in that one!

Picked them selves up after USA. Good to see French halves attacking the gain line. Great snipping run from Fages.Enjoyed that. Greenshields came up with great takes in the high wind under pressure.What was Vaccari doing with that loose ball. Thought he should have thrown into the stand.Larroyer for a big lad needs to find the ground quicker - shouldn't have been pushed into touch.Does Simon know the offside rule picking up Barthaus late fumble giving penalty in front. Had he other options. Overall tackled their hearts out, great to see. Treizists spring in their step this morning!

I think they need to take something from Avignon Friday into the Samoa clash.