Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

28/10/13: World Cup Match 5 - Fiji v Ireland

Who will win?   41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Fiji by 13 points or more
    • Fiji by 7 to 12 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Ireland by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 7 to 12 points
    • Ireland by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

265 posts in this topic

Got my ticket for this today. Looking forward to a win for Ireland now.

Fiji by plenty, alot of quality in that team from the Sims brothers, Bukuya to the big danger man Uate who will tear a couple of the smaller teams apart in this tournament, the loss of Grix made things worse for Ireland, alot of quality NRL & a couple of decent Super League players in that Fiji team should see them to a comfortable 16+ point win.

Fiji by plenty, alot of quality in that team from the Sims brothers, Bukuya to the big danger man Uate who will tear a couple of the smaller teams apart in this tournament, the loss of Grix made things worse for Ireland, alot of quality NRL & a couple of decent Super League players in that Fiji team should see them to a comfortable 16+ point win.

Except the other two teams they play are England and Australia. I agree about the rest though.

Except the other two teams they play are England and Australia. I agree about the rest though.

Any other pool and they would probably go through, I think England & Australia will beat them comfortably but it certainly wont be a blowout.

Ireland Samoa. Boat trip and guests of the parra board.

Yeah, don't. Oulder Hill secondary school car park ( 100 yards from the ground ) is reserved for VIP's I believe. We live 1/2 hrs walk away and we're walking.

Yeah, don't. Oulder Hill secondary school car park ( 100 yards from the ground ) is reserved for VIP's I believe. We live 1/2 hrs walk away and we're walking.

As much as I am looking forward to the game, I aren't walking from Bradford. ;)

What's a reasonable place to park then?

It will be a nightmare at the ground - its in the middle of an estate of tiny streets.

Get onto google maps and look for Mellor Street, you may be ok there.  Just off Mellor Street is Bridgefold Rd as well.

If I were coming from Bradford, I'd come off at the Milnrow/Shaw exit (21) on M62 and work your way in from there.

You could also try bypassing Rochdale and coming off at Heywood and making your way to Bamford/Norden. 

Whichever way you come, your going to have to walk a bit.

If you can get there early, bars on the ground are opening at 12.

Cheers Ex. What junction is that...20?

Heywood is 19.

20 is Rochdale/Oldham (A627M)

the bars are opening at 12? Impressive. Going to be some hammered lads there tonight! Have been looking forward to this game for months, we're currently cowering in our house like the little pigs though and I'm trusting Virgin Trains can get me up to Manchester this afternoon. Still buzzing from watching the NZ-Samoa game, think I'll have another peek at that before I set off. Bosh!

Why don't you get the train and then a taxi to the ground. It's not too far. About a £ fiver each way.

Isn't there a pub doing a Fijian curry today? Thought I might see if I can find that for a change to the usual burger & chips.

For pronunciation reasons, I'm really hoping that Semi Radradra Turagasoli Waqavatu doesn't score tonight.

Isn't there a pub doing a Fijian curry today? Thought I might see if I can find that for a change to the usual burger & chips.

' The Flying Horse ' on the Town Hall Square is doing a special Irish / Fijian menu today. Sounds great, I fancy curried Irish Stew ! The landlord Ben is a big Rugby League fan, I think he may have played for the Hornets ' A ' team in the past.

Think this Fijian team could run away with this game.

For pronunciation reasons, I'm really hoping that Semi Radradra Turagasoli Waqavatu doesn't score tonight.

My wife was on the P.A. for the Hornets- Fiji warm up game. Given the fact we lost 78-0 she got plenty of practice announcing the try scorers. She's not doing it tonight, I think the Commercial Manager, Ryan, has drawn the short straw.

Think this Fijian team could run away with this game.

Fiji look a good side but the very heavy conditions could be a leveller. Plus the Irish grow in stature when they pull on the green shirt. They won't go down without a fight.

It will be a nightmare at the ground - its in the middle of an estate of tiny streets.

Get onto google maps and look for Mellor Street, you may be ok there.  Just off Mellor Street is Bridgefold Rd as well.

If I were coming from Bradford, I'd come off at the Milnrow/Shaw exit (21) on M62 and work your way in from there.

You could also try bypassing Rochdale and coming off at Heywood and making your way to Bamford/Norden. 

Whichever way you come, your going to have to walk a bit.

If you can get there early, bars on the ground are opening at 12.

If the owners of that big car park at the back of the old Alderglen mill at Spotland Bridge had any brains they open it tonight. That'd be a nice little earner.

no trains at all from here to there at moment. Not looking good. Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Cant drive up as I cant get the time off work and I was going to use the wifi on the train - thought I was being clever, oh no.

Another problem is that I've got my mates ticket and it's not much use to him in Watford. Do you reckon they'll issue him another if I ring 'em up and say pretty please with bells on? Only one way to find out I suppose.