Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

28/10/13: World Cup Match 5 - Fiji v Ireland

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Fiji by 13 points or more
    • Fiji by 7 to 12 points
    • Fiji by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Ireland by 1 to 6 points
    • Ireland by 7 to 12 points
    • Ireland by 13 points or more

no trains at all from here to there at moment. Not looking good. Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Cant drive up as I cant get the time off work and I was going to use the wifi on the train - thought I was being clever, oh no.

Another problem is that I've got my mates ticket and it's not much use to him in Watford. Do you reckon they'll issue him another if I ring 'em up and say pretty please with bells on? Only one way to find out I suppose.

You can only try. They will obviously be an empty seat which your pal has a ticket for.

yes, true. Have tweeted the Hornets account but perhaps I should ring the RLWC ticket line. Anyway.....things looking better at this end. My train from Milton Keynes to Manchester will run, although with timetable completely awry. Problem is the firm who I need to use to get from Watford to Milton Keynes seems completely shut down. Infuriatingly the train that I catch in Milton Keynes goes past the bottom of my garden!

yes, true. Have tweeted the Hornets account but perhaps I should ring the RLWC ticket line. Anyway.....things looking better at this end. My train from Milton Keynes to Manchester will run, although with timetable completely awry. Problem is the firm who I need to use to get from Watford to Milton Keynes seems completely shut down. Infuriatingly the train that I catch in Milton Keynes goes past the bottom of my garden!

Good luck with the ticket. My wife is a board member at Hornets so under normal circumstances she'd be able to help you with your ticket problem. However tonights game is being run by the Rugby League and Hornets have no input in the running of the game. Having said that we'd don't normally have all tickets games in the championship

Gonna park slightly out from ground and walk in which will be easier.

Whatever car park space is nearest to The Baum pub, voted best pub in Britain 2012!!!

You are probably best to try and park near the Town Hall in the town centre - should be free after 3

Gonna park slightly out from ground and walk in which will be easier.

Whatever car park space is nearest to The Baum pub, voted best pub in Britain 2012!!!

Bloody hell I knew this would happen. Just don't be sitting in my usual seat when I get there ! There's normally plenty of free parking around The Baum, but I expect it to be choc a bloc with " tourists " tonight. There aren't really any areas to avoid normally but this isn't a normal event and a few scallies may decide to take advantage.

Good luck with the ticket. My wife is a board member at Hornets so under normal circumstances she'd be able to help you with your ticket problem. However tonights game is being run by the Rugby League and Hornets have no input in the running of the game. Having said that we'd don't normally have all tickets games in the championship

thanks mate,all sorted.Am currently in a taxi in beautiful Royton after a very uncomfortable train journey sitting on floor. But I made it!

Is it a straightforward walk from there? 20 mins?

Go up onto Spotland Road, between the flats and Lidl (behind the Baum).  Follow this road for 0.5 mile or so, it then goes downhill to Spotland Bridge. Go directly across and uphill towards St Clements church, take left turn onto Wilbutts Lane - 20-25 mins

Another point. ....is there anywhere NOT to park? ie local chavs or something

There have been a few incidents in recent years of cars being damaged in the vicinity of the ground. Not just one car either but a whole row of them. I can't remember the exact streets but I got the impression from reading the soccer club's forum that it was in the streets in the surrounding streets.

Go up onto Spotland Road, between the flats and Lidl (behind the Baum).  Follow this road for 0.5 mile or so, it then goes downhill to Spotland Bridge. Go directly across and uphill towards St Clements church, take left turn onto Wilbutts Lane - 20-25 mins

Brings back many memories...