Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

29/10/13: World Cup Match 6 - Tonga v Scotland

Who will win?   34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

262 posts in this topic

Discuss World Cup Match 6 - Tonga v Scotland here.

I believe Scotland didn't have Peter Wallace available for their warm-up match against the Kumuls, but even with him, I believe Tonga will be too much for the Scots.

Tonga win.  Fairly close, but size and speed of the tongans will see them through

Tonga win but like most games should be an exciting game and a halfback combo of Wallace and brough isn't so bad I suppose for scotland

Depends how Tonga mix. Tinga and Samoa often disappoint, I hope they do so for this game only and then find real form.

Believe!

With Brough we beat Fiji last time. Without him we lost to Tonga by 48 points. Hopefully it will be close either way.

Looking forward to seeing this on my own paddock . Towns rocking for the comp . Can't wait to see the Hurrellicane in live action and hopefully the three Townies . Great stuff . Plus haka , anthems , and Fuifui . What more could you want !

I've gone for the draw. If the weather's bad, I think Wallace and Brough's kicking game will nullify the size of the Tongans. Hugely looking forward to this.

I think Scotland will just sneak it. Hope we get off to a good start and build on it.

Come on Scotland you can do it.

The Scots have to play an intelligent game, especially with the boot, and hope Brough and Wallace can click straight away. If Tonga get momentum on them, it'll be very tough.

The Scots have to play an intelligent game, especially with the boot, and hope Brough and Wallace can click straight away. If Tonga get momentum on them, it'll be very tough.

That's what I'm scared of.

Tonga in a physical game. Poor weather could suit Scotland, as I feel Tonga will have too much flair, pace and strength

Scotland will surprise many this WC and may be the one of the three Home Nations to emerge swith the most credit.

Agreed mate, I think they could be the surprise of the tournament if Brough, Wallace and the Hendo's get thier stuff right.

I think Scotland win by the class of their halves,if and its a big if ,they can contain the big Tongan forwards.

Anybody watching this in Edinburgh? We'll be in The Globe Bar on Niddry Street who'll be screening the game.

8 thousand sold am I right?, should be a cracker tomoro night but be suprised if the Tongans don't win by more then 24 hopefully be a good close game

Estimated attendance for this one?

Radio Cumbria tonight reported more than 7000 tickets are sold.

2 turnstiles will be open for walk up on the night - some are still trying to change shifts to attend.

For those traveling from outside Cumbria, junction 40 of the M6 southbound (Penrith) will be closed from 8pm till 5am Weds.

Tuesday

2 options - either take the A591 at Keswick, south to Windermere, then Kendal then onto the M6 at junction 36. Or at junction 40 roundabout, carry straight on onto the A66 towards Appleby/Brough. In about a mile at the next roundabout, take the A6 south to Shap and then join the M6 there at junction 39.