Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

29/10/13: World Cup Match 6 - Tonga v Scotland

Who will win?   34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

262 posts in this topic

My predictions:

- Attendance 7400

- Tonga to be slightly less organised than Fiji were last night, Scotland to have more craft than Ireland. But still Tonga by a score

- A great night had by all

- The first 'Cumbrian SL club' thread to be on here by 11pm

My predictions:

- Attendance 7400

- Tonga to be slightly less organised than Fiji were last night, Scotland to have more craft than Ireland. But still Tonga by a score

- A great night had by all

- The first 'Cumbrian SL club' thread to be on here by 11pm

You missed out the inevitable thread about how McBanana has sunk England's chances ... this will come on about 2 minutes which will be the first time Danny Brough kicks the ball,

Tonga should win this if things go in their favour, a dry pitch will make them hard to beat.

Interesting clash of styles here. Looking forward to it!

Having a brew in Carlisle station before my connection to Workington. Should be a good one. Hope Danny Brough really does his stuff tonight. I think Scotland will need him to do so, and if he fires, they could be quite a story in this World Cup.

Scotland by 6 hopefully. Hope it's wet and freezing and Brough keeps banging the ball downfield all night. Looking forward to seeing Russell too.

Cant wait to see Fishiahi and Hurrell and Tupou and Taufua and Taumaolo and Moimoi!!

Tonga have some team! They have the skills and the power and should be too strong for Scotland.

Tonga 36 Scotland 16

It will be like 1995 - 96 re-visited tonight seeing a crowd of over 7,000 in Derwent Park.

I think the Workington Town club, Allerdale Borough Council and the British Energy Coast people are to be thanked for the excellent work they have done to get these games played at Workington. Remember that these games were originally allocated for the new Whitehaven stadium but the plans for that fell through and a belated bid by Workington was given the go-ahead. So, it has been a tremendous effort by all concerned and they deserve to have a successful two games.

Lumped a fair amount of money of Scotland +20. Brough, Wallace and Henderson is a very good spine. The forwards appear just about good enough to not get hammered. Tonga by one or two scores.

Cant wait to see Fishiahi and Hurrell and Tupou and Taufua and Taumaolo and Moimoi!!

Tonga have some team! They have the skills and the power and should be too strong for Scotland.

Tonga 36 Scotland 16

Just about to say the same. Two NRL Grand Final wingers there, think it'll be too much for Scotland. Although I hope I'm wrong and we get our first home nations win.

I'm assuming most of the crowd will be cheering on Scotland on as if they were Workington?

Just seen a picture on Twitter from TGC, the pitch looks in great condition.

It will be like 1995 - 96 re-visited tonight seeing a crowd of over 7,000 in Derwent Park.

I think the Workington Town club, Allerdale Borough Council and the British Energy Coast people are to be thanked for the excellent work they have done to get these games played at Workington. Remember that these games were originally allocated for the new Whitehaven stadium but the plans for that fell through and a belated bid by Workington was given the go-ahead. So, it has been a tremendous effort by all concerned and they deserve to have a successful two games.

Agreed, a credit to the county and used some great promo techniques to increase awareness

Do these commentators not realise that Hurrell is playing with the number 4 on his back on the right side?

Gutted to see Shayne Hayne reffing a game. He's always been a ref who likes the sound of his own whistle.

4-6, 15 minutes down. Could we be seeing a first Home Nations victory??

4-6, 15 minutes down. Could we be seeing a first Home Nations victory??

Tonga will hammer them I reckon.