Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

30/10/13: World Cup Match 7 - USA v Cook Islands

Who will win?   35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• USA by 13 points or more
    • USA by 7 to 12 points
    • USA by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

According to the RLWC website tonight's game is sold out !!!!

If thats true a massive effort from the Bristol guys.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rlwc/default.aspx?utm_source=rlwcHome&utm_medium=TopRightBuyTicketsRedBox&utm_campaign=rlwcsite_reskin

Earlier in this thread (I think) it was mentioned the camera side of the ground will not be open ...but still what does that leave......6 to 7 thousand ??

They had last night's down as sold out too, seems to mean that they will not sell any more.

My understanding is there is a contingency plan to open the other side if needed.

Having a pint and a burger in Temple Quay before making my way to the ground. Looks like it's started raining now.

It's not sold out because I went and bought two tickets just after 5 PM.

eTicket have sold their allocation that is all.

It's not sold out because I went and bought two tickets just after 5 PM.

eTicket have sold their allocation that is all.

We saw the same at Derwent Park last night, ticket master had the sold out signs up but people were still walking up and getting in.

We saw the same at Derwent Park last night, ticket master had the sold out signs up but people were still walking up and getting in.

I think it is just a way of stopping online sales and transferring operations to the stadium. Nothing more.

I think it is just a way of stopping online sales and transferring operations to the stadium. Nothing more.

this, it tells you on the website

Sorry, I wasn't saying there was anything sinister going on.

this, it tells you on the website

It does indeed say tickets available at the turnstiles.

The stadium holds 12,100 (according to Wikipedia). Hard to believe that it could sell out. If you look closely that the RLWC site, it said that one of the stands is not currently ope. Hard to believe that they wouldn't open if there really were that many people going to the game.

The stadium holds 12,100 (according to Wikipedia). Hard to believe that it could sell out. If you look closely that the RLWC site, it said that one of the stands is not currently ope. Hard to believe that they wouldn't open if there really were that many people going to the game.

I really hope that stand is open, if that happens phil & matt and everyone else involved in this deserve some kind of award.

WCE said earlier that he believed a contingency plan was in place to open it if they need to.

With the rain coming in just before kick off a lot of walk ups could be put off,  so I would say anything near 5k is a good result.

The stand, at least the seated aspect is open as I am looking at people sat in it!

Bit chilly here this evening with a bit of a breeze. The Cornish Beef pasties are pretty mega though!

The stand, at least the seated aspect is open as I am looking at people sat in it! Bit chilly here this evening with a bit of a breeze. The Cornish Beef pasties are pretty mega though!

Is that the stand where the TV cameras are?

Padge, yep! About a platoon-ish of soldiers, plus about 40-50 others. All the boxes are lit up and with people in them too!

The stand, at least the seated aspect is open as I am looking at people sat in it! Bit chilly here this evening with a bit of a breeze. The Cornish Beef pasties are pretty mega though!

Read that it is raining down there already, which is a great shame.  Hope the weather doesn't put people off and that it clears up.  Although that's a bit of a dream at the moment.  Where did that gorgeous summer go?

I'm looking forward to the match.  So long as whoever turns up makes a big noise then that's good enough for an outreach venue.

Padge, yep! About a platoon-ish of soldiers, plus about 40-50 others. All the boxes are lit up and with people in them too!

So it looks like they may have opened it then (though I suppose the dancers etc. need somewhere to sit).

I think it may be parents of the dancers Padge, bar the soldiers who were taking a keen interest in the carnival band... might have to go and have a chat!

Saintslass, it is pretty grim at the moment but people are turning up and definitely cheering for the Cook Islands!

Nope, I think Capt America and Tom Cruise aka Maverick are as well... oh wait, Uncle Sam was just here too.

I think it may be parents of the dancers Padge, bar the soldiers who were taking a keen interest in the carnival band... might have to go and have a chat! Saintslass, it is pretty grim at the moment but people are turning up and definitely cheering for the Cook Islands!

Wish I could see but the game isn't being transmitted at the moment.  We have re-runs on TV.  Not what we wanted!

Well we've seen this before on Thursday nights ...

This is a joke. They've had problems before and they should NOT be happening for our World Cup. Is there a penalty clause on the RF's contract for non-delivery of goods?

Well we've seen this before on Thursday nights ...

I know its effin shocking! They are also broadcasting to a world wide audience arent they?