Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

30/10/13: World Cup Match 7 - USA v Cook Islands

Who will win?   35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• USA by 13 points or more
    • USA by 7 to 12 points
    • USA by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

Some words about Rugby League's rise in Bristol over the last decade, which hopefully should put into context what a remarkable story it is that we have a RLWC match in the city: http://www.bristolsonics.com/world-cup-match-caps-rugby-leagues-rise-in-bristol/

Nice read, Hope the Sonics are giving flyers out telling all these newbies that your here & right at home alive and well in Bristol.

Hope the games a belter to whet everyone's appetite even more 

Cooks 13 anyone. I'll start

1. Jamie Oliver

2. John Torode

3. James Martin

4. Marco-Pierre White

5. Keith Floyd (RIP)

6. Gordon Ramsay

7. Delia Smith

8. Ainsley Harriott

9. Michel Roux Jr.

10. Tom Kerridge

11. Michael Caines

12. Rick Stein

13. That American guy that won Masterchef

On the bench: #### Craddock

Soke big lads in that pack, plus Michel Roux Jnr buzzing around the ruck. Delia runs a football club, so probably a good organiser. She also has the same relationship with drink as Danny Brough and Lee Briers.

2. John Torode

3. James Martin

4. Marco-Pierre White

5. Keith Floyd (RIP)

6. Gordon Ramsay

7. Delia Smith

8. Ainsley Harriott

9. Michel Roux Jr.

10. Tom Kerridge

11. Michael Caines

12. Rick Stein

Soke big lads in that pack, plus Michel Roux Jnr buzzing around the ruck. Delia runs a football club, so probably a good organiser. She also has the same relationship with drink as Danny Brough and Lee Briers.

Good selection, to be honest you've stumped me as I'd have chosen the same, even down to wily old Craddock. Delia I'd have in as a motivator as well, her on pitch speeches are inspiring. I'd have had George Foreman in at prop though, he could really mix it up and add a bit of steel, he'd def be the enforcer of the team. I'd also add Aldo Zilli to the bench.

2. John Torode

3. James Martin

4. Marco-Pierre White

5. Keith Floyd (RIP)

6. Gordon Ramsay

7. Delia Smith

8. Ainsley Harriott

9. Michel Roux Jr.

10. Tom Kerridge

11. Michael Caines

12. Rick Stein

Sorry but you need James Martin in that pack, probably ahead of Rick Stein. Martin never misses an opportunity to big up his professional Yorkshireman credentials, and is a big lump to boot. Stein is skinny and probably a rah-rah.

Good call on Michel Roux Jr in at 9 though, I see him as a sort of Ian Henderson type grub to mix it with the big boys.

Sorry but you need James Martin in that pack, probably ahead of Rick Stein. Martin never misses an opportunity to big up his professional Yorkshireman credentials, and is a big lump to boot. Stein is skinny and probably a rah-rah.

Good call on Michel Roux Jr in at 9 though, I see him as a sort of Ian Henderson type grub to mix it with the big boys.

All good points. I stuck Martin in as a big running centre out wide. He'd have Inglis for breakfast. And let's not start on what he do with Leroy Cudjoe.

Surely Keith Floyd's a staunch RU type?

I'd stick David Chang in there, just to start a bit of biff. B) 

All good points. I stuck Martin in as a big running centre out wide. He'd have Inglis for breakfast. And let's not start on what he do with Leroy Cudjoe.

Blanch him?

Looking forward to tonight; will hit the road around 1500hrs to get there I think!

Where are you going to be, GS? We're on the east terrace. I'll buy you a drink for your sterling efforts.

Can we stay on topic here please.

My Blanch comment above has got me thinking if our Cooks XIII were to play a Food Related RL Select XIII. Who would pick. I'll start.

2. Damien Blanch

8.Tom Burgerss

10. George Burgerss

11. Gareth Hock (wine or ham)

13. Sam Burgerss

James Martin is a big union fan, never shuts up about it.

Can we stay on topic here please.

My Blanch comment above has got me thinking if our Cooks XIII were to play a Food Related RL Select XIII. Who would pick. I'll start.

2. Damien Blanch

8.Tom Burgerss

10. George Burgerss

11. Gareth Hock (wine or ham)

13. Sam Burgerss

Half back pairing of Shaun (King) Edwards and Andy Greggs

Ben Flour of Wigan and Steve Mash of Cas in the forwards.

Rod Reddy-Meal?

Team owner, Marwan Cook-ash.

God, that's terrible!

Paul Cooke

You could have Paul Cooke, Mick Cook and Matt Cook....... or is that too many cooks spoiling the Danny Broth? :ph34r:

You could have Paul Cooke, Mick Cook and Matt Cook....... or is that too many cooks spoiling the Danny Broth? :ph34r:

You win the internet.

Where are you going to be, GS? We're on the east terrace. I'll buy you a drink for your sterling efforts.

Sat in the East Stand, hopefully in the middle on the second row! Should be a cracking view. I'll happily enjoy a drink if you are buying. Where and when? What shall I look out for? :D

11 Gareth Hock(wine or ham)

Can't have your number 11 in the team, Hock paired with alcohol only leads to problems.

Always remember Johnnie (Husband of ####) come out with the line on BBC TV in the Sixties `And may all your Doughnuts you make taste like ####`s`

According to the RLWC website tonight's game is sold out !!!!

If thats true a massive effort from the Bristol guys.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rlwc/default.aspx?utm_source=rlwcHome&utm_medium=TopRightBuyTicketsRedBox&utm_campaign=rlwcsite_reskin

Earlier in this thread (I think) it was mentioned the camera side of the ground will not be open ...but still what does that leave......6 to 7 thousand ??