Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLENNGARY

Worrying

45 posts in this topic

I wouldn't exclude Sonny Bill from the list on that basis as we did employ Rob Foxen and Ian Mort who had similar problems!

In reply to Loyalion, i'm every bit as loyal as you with 64 years of watching the lions under my belt and I wish I could do something. Unfortunately it's a two man band and we are not invited

Not having a go at you at all GG it's just that many people like you and I are worried about the future of the Lions at the moment but no one is seemingly able to offer an alternative to waiting out for news, be it good or bad.

Looking at what we do know;

We are in a financial hole at the moment - nothing new.

We don't have our own ground - ditto.

We have lost players from last season - again ditto.

No news on our coaching staff - not surprisingly.

The information on the above is all second hand - nothing new there also (apart from the brief club statement).

Guess we just have to sit tight and wait for the facts to surface as usual. Facts are what we need and not speculation!

Guess we just have to sit tight and wait for the facts to surface as usual.

Aye, but for how long eh?

Unfortunately it's a two man band and we are not invited

Perhaps it would read better if it was 'two men banned' But which 'two men' should be banned?

No prizes for guessing the answer to this riddle.

Aye, but for how long eh?

I suppose until you can come up with a lottery win and buy us a team and a ground Keith.

Until then we all support our Club which, no matter how you feel about them, has been at least kept going by the current Chairman and board.

Yes communication had never been their strong point but I don't think they deliberately avoid communicating, I think it's more that they don't realise the potential benefits of communicating even if there's not really much to say.

Take the new stadium for example, I know from experience how long negotiations with planning authorities and Councils can take for complex projects. Yes the board haven't kept us informed of every meeting they've had but sometimes I can't blame them as they must feel they're always setting themselves up for later criticism and wild speculation when the timings don't work out.

Believe me I'm not defending the lack of news and communication from our Club at all but I believe they do what they can to keep our Club going in these extremely difficult times and until I put in more time, effort and money than they do then I have to be grateful and hopeful that I can spend another season watching the mighty Swinton Lions....and I just feel that some of the continuous negativity based on speculation on this forum does not help matters.

But come on Club....give us some news!

I suppose until you can come up with a lottery win and buy us a team and a ground Keith.

Until then we all support our Club which, no matter how you feel about them, has been at least kept going by the current Chairman and board.

Yes communication had never been their strong point but I don't think they deliberately avoid communicating, I think it's more that they don't realise the potential benefits of communicating even if there's not really much to say.

Take the new stadium for example, I know from experience how long negotiations with planning authorities and Councils can take for complex projects. Yes the board haven't kept us informed of every meeting they've had but sometimes I can't blame them as they must feel they're always setting themselves up for later criticism and wild speculation when the timings don't work out.

Believe me I'm not defending the lack of news and communication from our Club at all but I believe they do what they can to keep our Club going in these extremely difficult times and until I put in more time, effort and money than they do then I have to be grateful and hopeful that I can spend another season watching the mighty Swinton Lions....and I just feel that some of the continuous negativity based on speculation on this forum does not help matters.

But come on Club....give us some news!

Pretty well sums up how I feel too Paul

Ditto. Like Groundhog Day following Swinton. You can't change what's in your blood though!

I suppose John bastians Warrington links are going to tempt many of their youngsters over to Fev

Thankfully that means that we can continue the DR argument again all season and they can tell us how their version is different.

Mark I blame Swinton for having the audacity to beat us;  Its our ploy to rid you of your best players just have we have done with Batley who also had the audacity to knock us out of the play-offs....Seriously though good luck to you and your club;

Ha ha. Cheers Phil.

Mendieka started off slowly for us but finished the season very strongly. Good signing for you.

Paul very rationally put......for one minute I doubt that the current board wanted to put us in what seems a perilous position.

Whatever the out come will be I will follow the blue shirt even if we play at North West Counties level, they are my town team, they are Swinton Lions

Jack Morrison gone to Barrrow,  have we any pack left?

I don't know, I've plenty of experience playing in the second row - even if it was 50 years ago (Station Road, Crommy v Ambrose 1961 aged 14½) - I was never the fastest forward on the pitch but I could handle well and send out some good passes from time to time.

I've never smoked and am as fit as butcher's dog (for my age) - could probably last about 10 minutes at most maybe

:shout: .

Yes I can tell you still have it Keith from the one or two imaginary passes you've sent out to me when I've seen you jogging on Manchester Rd.One of them was actually outside the home of our former full back Paul Mellor.

Jack Morrison gone to Barrrow, have we any pack left?

Again, we dont know the circumstances of the deal.

Could it be that we have terminated our deal with Warrington and they are therefore securing loan deals for players? Have they been releasing players who are being snapped up before we can act? Do we even want to retain the services of these players? If so who is making that decision, the board or the coach we haven't got? Do we have replacements lined up rwady to announce?

What I do know is that lads from this region have to think long and hard before signing for Cumbrian clubs. It's no fun travelling up there and back 3 times a week. Maybe one of the lads has bought a minibus cheap?

Is Jack Morrison good lads?

He plays better than he looks mate. Once described as 'the lad you picked up in the service station on your way here'!

Jack's a good lad who will do a good job for you. Tackles well and drives it in hard, difficult to put down but no pace as such. Young but learning all the time.

I'm sure we would have liked him back here next season but we have to make room for all the big names whi will be arriving shortly!!!!!!!!

Is Jack Morrison good lads?

Famous for his barnstorming runs, knocking players over, but still has alot to learn and alot of fitness work to do. Hide the pies.