Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wonky

ewan dowes.

28 posts in this topic

On twitter it says that ewan will explain in the news and star why hes played his last pro rl game. I take it that means were another prop lighter for next year.

Cheers Ewan but I'd have been looking to move on anyway . Bar two or three games he just seemed to have lost all fizz , and was nothing like his reputation sayed he should have been . Must be looking for more explosive running and grunt than Ewan showed for the majority .

Tbh I would of liked to see him again next season brilliant in defence and he's work rate is good too

I only seen him play 3 times last season, twice v haven and v Leigh. Wasn't very impressed with

Him in any of those games.

I heard a rumour he was gonna play local RU. I thank him for his services if he is leaving but have to say from his time with us it wont be a massive miss. I expected more from an ex SL player than what we saw as fans. however I wish him well for the future.

Ok so maybe he wasn't in his best form but I think he has done a good job for us. It's very easy to be critical but it's a thankless task playing at prop.

Ewan has my thanks and good luck for the future.

I agree Voodooguru and all the best to Ewan for the future.

Agree with Voodooguru also, its a shame he never quite hit the heights we hoped but he did a job. good luck to him for the future.

I agree with the above, a steady player, didn't make many mistakes, all the best Ewan what ever you do, good luck marra.

I think acton outshined him up top but he was coming into his own and a good leader, losing him up top too is a big blow, glad we have young mcavoy but we need another few now a big mean go forward guy and a natural big experienced guy, glad coward decided to stay though

Definitely need a couple more barnstorming props . I also think Shacks future may be in the front row . He has the physicality and his natural speed is an asset up the guts . He may need to evolve there to get more game time . Either way he's a perfect squad player . A guy like Richard Moore would do a good job at our level , but Adam Walne would be my go -to guy number one .

Would have been more disappointed had Kris Coward retired, which probably sums up how disappointing Ewan has been (nothing against Kris who really stepped up), all the best to him though.

Any word on the walne boys? Thanks doesn't seem to be on our radar this year but with the money saved from thacks, calders and dowes surly we can attract some new lads, acton was a good player who other young fellas can just look at too see what a season with us does

Dowes one of the most disappointing signings in a long while??

Forget about thacks - new blood needed...

Dowes one of the most disappointing signings in a long while??

Forget about thacks - new blood needed...

Wrong twice this late at night, well done.

Ewan didn't live up to most peaoples expectations but he was a solid player who gave his all and will be missed, we are looking a bit lightweight in the prop department, the Walne brothers would be great for us.

All the best for the future Ewan and thanks for your efforts.

I would expect both walnes are waiting to see where they stand at salford with all the new signings they make. I would expect to see at least one of them up here next year, either on loan or as a townie permanently.

I thought The crack was thacks has gone to Oz. If not I'd be suprised if he came back up here.

I don't think the coach and board want him back to be honest so the Thackeray crack is done as far as I'm concerned