Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Les Ironcats

Eng v Ire tickets ( non arrival)

83 posts in this topic

If you are one of those who got the double ticket offer for England v Italy and the Scotland v USA game at Salford City stadium like me and wondering where your ticket is, I telephoned thye RFL today and once I got through after a delay was told these should have gone out in September.  They are being reprinted and if not received 3 days before the game I should call the RFL again. As I am in Kent and the game In Salford I hpoe they have a carrier pidgeon...

Not knocking the RFL ticket office who are normally very helpfull to me personally knowing the distance I travel to matches but I am thinking that the multiplicity of cheap tickets and combos on offer has taxed the RFL ticket office and Ticket Master leading to some vexed conversations between ticket office staff and fans

Sorry to puncture the bubble of positivity with the truth.

I have emailed that address 3 times already, each time with 'England v Ireland - Game 9' as the subject and had no reply to any of them. First time i emailed about it was 3 weeks ago!

Can only try again. Can complain in due course, having had a refund / the mythical tickets show up...

I've sent  you a PM.

It seems to be an issue clearly with tickets around 21st / 22nd as that is when i ordered mine too.

I don't begrudge them being snowed under, it is just they could have sorted this before the tournament started and they wouldn't be quite as snowed under now. Maybe that is just me being a bit dull and sensible...

I think they genuinely don't know which tickets haven't been printed and are just waiting for contact from people missing tickets. What's annoying is that they have known about this for a while but made no helpful announcements. It could get messy at the ticket office on Saturday.

I have friends coming to the game from a bit away and don't think i should join a queue of thousands of people on the day to try and get in - it's not fair on those travelling from elsewhere.

I live not too far from Headingley stadium; one of the emails i sent said i can go there to get them if needs be; be quickest way to get it sorted.

I'm being a bit sad and keeping a tally chart of calls made. Going to give it until later this morning and then persue other avenues...

I see that the ticket office address they give on the website is just a few miles away from me along the road. I wonder if i go in person what might happen..?!

Finally - can stop the tally chart!

67 attempted calls and 3 emails - finally got through and sorted within about 40 seconds of talking to somebody. I should go and get a lottery ticket while my luck is in!

High Peak Rhino - i know what you mean now. Straight away after i said i did not have the tickets was told about the printing error and that this was most likely why. Now, i have been posting on here for 24 hours and i have already identifed a pattern of it being tickets ordered on July 21 / 22 that there has been an issue with. They could have just sent an email to everyone who ordered then weeks ago when this problem was flagged up - then people could get through in less than 50 goes.

Hey ho. Hopefully i won't have to be in the massive queue on Saturday morning any more at least. This is good, as my football team are playing the lunchtime game on sky; can maybe catch some of them getting hammered first!

Still no tickets for Eng v Ire rang and got through to ticket enquiries very quickly. Hopefully sorted now...

And they have just dropped through the postbox my better half informs me. So call and they arrive the next day, well done for sorting out but I'm still predicting rumpus on Saturday.