Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Banbury Wolf

Railway closure: Bristol Parkway and Severn Tunnel Junction

9 posts in this topic

Yep, that had me hopping up and down as well. We've booked a mini holiday in Bristol.

From Bristol Temple Mead the journey is now train, bus to Newport, train. Quickest journey is about one hour fifteen.

If the bus doesn't turn up I just might strangle someone.

Phil C (once of this Parish) told me last night that he'd had a reply from Worst Great Western saying that they have "plans in place to deal with demand" - I.E more buses etc. Hopefully this is true, though my experience of First GW suggests that it may be chaos on Saturday. Let's hope not.

Where does Phil C reside now then?

He's still in Bristol, I just meant he was once a regular on TRL and now rarely posts, presumably as he has better things to do with his life than loiter on the Internet (unless yours truly)

He's still in Bristol, I just meant he was once a regular on TRL and now rarely posts, presumably as he has better things to do with his life than loiter on the Internet (unless yours truly)

Ah yes. I have spent an inordinate amount of time on here with the world cup looming!

Ah yes. I have spent an inordinate amount of time on here with the world cup looming!

Between this place, visits back and forth to promotional events in Bristol and the Cook Islands hotel, my productivity with regards to real work has been hit this week. I dare say it will improve once next week's game at the "Mem" is out of the way.

Speaking of him once of this parish, I think I saw him in a Sonics top making his way towards/or past the tube station at Wembley at the CC final.