Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

S/L meeting

42 posts in this topic

So 6 clubs walk out of today's meeting to avoid a vote on the future of the game Very professional of them rugby league gets better no wonder companies dont want to be involved with the game

The RFL need to stand up to them and get it sorted out and soon

the RFL MUST stand up to them. a line has been drawn in the sand now. give way now and they may as well clear their desks and leave the building. i hope mr Barwick has the mettle  to deal with these spoilt brats.

It is as I said before a take over bid., The RL wants to get its marketing right and move forward. All this is doing is putting people off RL all together. Talk about self interest.

If 'the 6' were so convinced of their own arguments why didn't they get the other 8 to agree rather than take their bats home.

In some ways I hope SL do break away - they'll ditch the salary cap almost immediately and most will go to the wall within a couple of years. Then RL in this country will return to the level that is currently sustainable ie semi-pro.

That's ok let them go just make it plain that they and their players will be unable to take part in RFLP run competitions ie challenge cup and international games.

Who were the 6?

Let the 6 break away, I am sure it will be great watching them play each other 10 times a year.

How hypocritical of Neil Hudgell and Hull KR, who actually benefited from the promotion and relegation system - as did Huddersfield.

Wigan

Warrington

Huddersfield

Hull

HKR

Catalan

Any club who DR with these six should also be ashamed as they are not in it to benefit the championship club they are with they have proved that today

Those six clubs have just made the game a bigger laughing stock than it already was;..Which big business would ever want to sponsor a game with so much IN-FIGHTING; Surely the vote should be done without them at the next full meeting and then let them please themselves after that;

Any club who DR with these six should also be ashamed as they are not in it to benefit the championship club they are with they have proved that today

Ashamed? How so? Do you really think that Ken Davy is in cahoots with Kevin Nicholas over how he intends to vote for a change in structure? You're bang out of order by saying that my club should be 'ashamed'.

They havent done there cause any favours at all by this

What are their proposals? Have they any? They haven't said and therefore it is just to upset the orgnisation of the RFL obviously to their advantage and sod the rest of us. As has been said. If they don't like it then let them lump it .

Well fev have just signed a player on loan from the Wire for next year

http://www.featherstonerovers.net/article.php?id=12392

Does anyone know what the 'Rebels' are proposing and what they have a problem with?  It looks to me like it's the distribution of monies and running of the game rather than the new league format and P&R?

If it's the money i think i saw somewhere that 75% of it is staying in SL so that sounds more than enough and they are being greedy..........If they have a problem with how the game is run and marketed i hardly think the RFL have covered themselves in glory on that front and they may have a point.

AS far as i'm concerned the main thing is P&R........we badly need that back cos the regular season is a boring without it.

What are their proposals? Have they any? They haven't said and therefore it is just to upset the orgnisation of the RFL obviously to their advantage and sod the rest of us. As has been said. If they don't like it then let them lump it .

Their proposals are no change.

well then it's time they got the blinkers off

So basically the 'rebels' are saying everything is fine as it is and the rfl just need to be better at marketing it....... hence the press release:

"The six clubs blocked a decision on the format of Super League from 2015 on the basis that any debate on change should only take place alongside a review of the competition’s commercial management and governance."

I suppose it's just coincidence that the commercial interest in rugby league has fallen since we scrapped promotion and relegation then?

Apart from they want P&R one up and one down, commercial side of SL looked at and a greater say over SL.

Apart from they want P&R one up and one down, commercial side of SL looked at and a greater say over SL.

Not at this meeting.  That's something for the future - if there's to be a change in the league structure, they want a number of related issues looked at at the same time.

Incidentally, before Andrew Vause or Jimmy B get on the case, I'm not actually blaming Terry Clawson for his playing career being Rugby League's darkest days.  Not his fault.

Just saying, like.

Can we just stick to the subject of the thread i.e.S/L meeting.

If you want to discuss Tery Clawson, his book or the "dark days" of RL then start a new thread.

as for the meeting, the 6 who walked out are a disgrace. the number of changes championship clubs have had forced upon them by s/l clubs are numerous. the first time this lot don't get their own way, they disrupt the whole process. as i said earlier, a stand has to be made now and the democratic process must be followed.

Well you seem to have no problem with Warrington players who can't get into their first team. ;) .

And I bet you won't even call when you move to that big Superleague

I reckon we need a meeting of all clubs. The Championship clubs are members of the RL as well. Lets start off with one vote per club so a fair feeling of the members is passed on a vote. If any club walks out then they have by their actions abstained from the voting and the results should then be implemented. If they don't like it then tough cheddar they are the ones to walk away. Let us be democratic and go with what the majority wants. Changes need to be made but walking away in a sulk is not the way to achieve them.