Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jt

S/L meeting

42 posts in this topic

Well you seem to have no problem with Warrington players who can't get into their first team. ;) .

He's here for the full season and training permanently at Fev there's a big difference although if we carry on at this rate we will be loaning players out

Anyway back on topic does anyone know when the 6 clubs will be picking there jelly babies up and have another meeting

Posted · Hidden by Jimmy B, October 26, 2013 - No reason given

Can someone block me from ever replying on here again.

Incidentally, before Andrew Vause or Jimmy B get on the case, I'm not actually blaming Terry Clawson for his playing career being Rugby League's darkest days. Not his fault.

Just saying, like.

Would it be true to say, that you are possibly a little bit infantile at times?

I have sat and listened to the live broadcast of the Hull FC fans forum tonight, and Adam Pearson was asked about the meeting the other night. His response was firstly that he is in favour of a 12 team SL with a straight one up one down promotion and relegation. It had been agreed that the next meeting about this was to be after the world cup (not at a standard SLE meeting). Lots more said about the politics of certain people and the issue isn't with P&R but the lack of structure going forward. As it was a free live streem hopefully they will put it up to listen to on the website in the next couple of days, if you can stand the normal forum stuff and wait for the specific questions it makes for good listening

Would it be true to say, that you are possibly a little bit infantile at times?

No - just reacting to life's disappointing experiences.

Life is full of peaks and hollows. If you are on the top of the world as sure as God made little apples something will happen to pull the skids from under you. Then if you are down something turns up to cheer you up. I call it the Cosmic Joker. He is always around having fun. Just take it as it comes because it will happen anyway.

Would that be the dark days when we beat Australia in Australia to win the World Cup? The days of Boston, Van Vollenhoven, Karalius, Clews, Bevan, Nash, Hardisty, Murphy, Shoebottom, Whiteley, Sullivan C, Millward, Thompson, Bishop, el al. A time when nations like Wales and France could compete with the best to form a meaningful, if elongated and drawn out World Cup system.

A time when outposts such as Barrow and Workington had pride and could stand shoulder to shoulder with the best and attracted crowds of 15000 regularly.

A time when I fell in love with the game of heroes AND STUCK WITH THE TEAM OF MY FATHER.

The times when little Featherstone Rovers were part of 40 and 50000 crowds in RL semi finals, the days before dare I say it before a Sheffield existed. God knows who you followed then and have subsequently fallen out of love with.

The days when skill was rewarded with great respect, when Players played with loyalty whilst holding down a tremendously difficult manual job.

Days when you knew 80% of the opposition as they ran on to the field.

Yeah they were pretty dark days! But I enjoyed them.

Well said , get the champ clubs the vote , lets get back to rugby and not ego chairman...........

Oooo I really could do with celebrating that!

Really ?  I'm tipping it'll be beaten tomorrow.

It'll be a squeeze getting over one million in the Millennium Stadium tomorrow, I would have thought.

It'll be a squeeze getting over one million in the Millennium Stadium tomorrow, I would have thought.

I think you'll have to spell it out for him Andrew!

Gary Hetherington's thoughts on the six clubs that walked out, taken from the Leeds web-site. 

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/21696.

The reason behind both Hull clubs walkout taken from the Hull Daily Mail.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/story-19987613-detail/story.html

Hull fc didn't seem to have a problem with 2 Hetheringtons when Kath was at their club.

I was reading a piece of work by an american physchologist Dr.Coach Love and I co e across this passage

"Many children want to have the last word, of course, but here are eight types of adults who may always seem to need the last word. These are people who are:

know-it-alls

dense

stubborn

intoxicated

excited

always needing to be right

consensus-driven

conversation hogs"

I wondered to myself who this reminded me of. Perhaps myself but I then again I don't usually need to have the last word.

There's a lot of cyber-bullies around too.

You're underestimating Fev's much vaunted huge catchment area, stretching as far as Rawmarsh.

Several posts on this thread, unrelated to the topic have been removed.

Can I ask again, please stick to the subject and not go off on tangents.

As you may have noticed I have started a new thead covering the so called "darkest days".

Your co-operation will be appechiated.

Jimmy B

At this rate I don't think they are capable of playing in the championship next season.