Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Ballantyne

nico return? ?

24 posts in this topic

I see the club are trying to talk Nico out of professional retirement. Whats peopls thoughts on this? Does he still have the pace? I liked Nico but he never got the service he deserved in the end as a out and out try scoring winger.

More on this in tonight's mail.

when he was fully committed before the bad injuries but never seemed to regain that commitment when recovered but hes devastating when on song... deffo worth a punt in my opinion

May have got his confidence back while playing at dalton, with a good centre he will be a great signing. Deffo worth a shot.

Looked to me like he had lost some of his pace when I watched him on Saturday. Hard to say after only watching 1 game I know but if he has lost a yard of pace is really gonna offer anymore than whats already there?  

Even if has lost a yard or 2 i bet he will still be one of the quickest in the league.

He needs a centre who will pass and not run him out of the play.

Sign him up i say

Judging by that article, you're looking at signing Shaun Ainscough - who's been out in Australia for the last two years. Top capture if you pull it off.

Nico - No thank you. Been a good un in the past, but lost all confidence in his own ability, and spent majority of games walking with hands on hips. Ironic cheers could be heard from the terraces when he caught a high ball, simply cause it meant he had to drive the ball in. Seemed like we were playing with 12 men most of the time, as he never scooted from dummy half.

Sean Ainscough - happy with that, fast, hard running and working, and worth a punt

Nico - No thank you. Been a good un in the past, but lost all confidence in his own ability, and spent majority of games walking with hands on hips. Ironic cheers could be heard from the terraces when he caught a high ball, simply cause it meant he had to drive the ball in. Seemed like we were playing with 12 men most of the time, as he never scooted from dummy half.

Sean Ainscough - happy with that, fast, hard running and working, and worth a punt

Just the sort of encouragement Nico needs eh!!! Not!

What is the ainscough crack? I can't see the likes of Salford not snapping him up!!

There isn't really one, he just fits the description of being a winger playing in Aus for the last couple of seasons and he's back in England looking for a club 

What is the ainscough crack? I can't see the likes of Salford not snapping him up!!

wasn't it Nobby who got rid of him at Wigan?

wasn't it Nobby who got rid of him at Wigan?

He isn't from the Southern Hemisphere so probably so.

He put on twitter that he doesn't think he'll be back in super league..

He will when we get promoted! ( if they bring P&R back)

Just the sort of encouragement Nico needs eh!!! Not!

But its the truth though, and since this is a public forum people are entitled to their opinions regarding individuals, or are we al meant to follow like sheep and never say anything negative about someone

The last 3 years post injury he lacked confidence, now if a player cant regain it in that type of time frame they never will.

I have to agree that nico lost a bit of confidence but who wouldn't ? He was probably just getting over the first injury when he goes and gets another, but I also think during this time liam Harrison retained the ball more , if this was intended to help nico or just greed we'll never know but this just made nico look like he wasn't interested.

I dont suppose many of us will ever really know.

But I'd be getting him to training and see how he goes in a few friendlies , if he's at Dalton then he oobviously wants to play but maybe he doesnt have the time he used to have to commit to Barrow because of family and work ?

But id certainty like to see him back if as im sure nearly 1000 other's would

There isn't really one, he just fits the description of being a winger playing in Aus for the last couple of seasons and he's back in England looking for a club

Ian Mort?

Ian Mort?

We've already signed him to play full back.

Plus if we are to sign Ainscough, and with Dalton grant already on the other wing....would Nico get in? I know we need cover for injuries, but cant Backhouse do that job for us. A player who never lets us down, gives 100% and wears his heart on his sleeve