Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Col

No Graham

121 posts in this topic

No James Graham in this weeks Eng squad to face Aus.

Also Hardhaker & Mcllorm. Looks like they have been stood down?

Sat task now looks an even steeper mountain to conquer.

England’s 19-man squad to face Australia is as follows (professional club and community club in brackets): 
Carl Ablett (Leeds Rhinos, Hunslet Parkside) 
George Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor) 
Sam Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor) 
Thomas Burgess (South Sydney Rabbitohs, Dewsbury Moor) 
Rob Burrow (Leeds Rhinos, Featherstone Lions) 
Josh Charnley (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks) 
Rangi Chase (Castleford Tigers, Dannevirke Tigers) 
Leroy Cudjoe (Huddersfield Giants, Newsome Panthers) 
Liam Farrell (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks) 
Brett Ferres (Huddersfield Giants, Smawthorne Panthers) 
Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos, Oulton Raiders) 
Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves, New Spring Lions) 
Lee Mossop (Wigan Warriors, Hensingham) 
James Roby (St Helens, Blackbrook) 
Kevin Sinfield (captain) (Leeds Rhinos, Waterhead) 
Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Patricks) 
Kallum Watkins (Leeds Rhinos, Latchford Albion) 
Ben Westwood (Warrington Wolves, Normanton Knights) 
Gareth Widdop (Melbourne Storm, King Cross) 

Were going to struggle big time. Graham will be a huge miss. I can see the aussies putting 40+ on us unfortunately.

No James Graham in this weeks Eng squad to face Aus.

Also Hardhaker & Mcllorm. Looks like they have been stood down?

Let's hope they've learned their lesson.

Well if they've been left out because of the drinking incident it certainly shows McNamara means business in regards to team discipline.

It's a big call the drop Graham...hope we cope well without him.

if they have been dropped because of the drinking party, why was hock the only one sent home?? double standards.

if they have been dropped because of the drinking party, why was hock the only one sent home?? double standards.

Hock was the only one that missed training.

Because Hock was the only one who missed training.

Because they all turned up to training. He didn't.

EDIT: But let's not have another thread about that

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but that'll be because Hock was the only one who missed training. ;)

James Graham is a pretty good player, but I'm not panicking over his ommission. Every time I've seen him play he looks as if he's running through wet cement in the latter stages.

Because the others have all just come off a season at a proper club.

Because the others have all just come off a season at a proper club.

i thought that it might have been because he has signed for a vastly inferior club for next season.

Might be a good thing..fingers crossed

Good on McNamara - NOBODY is bigger than the team!

I praise him for his selection policy and we may reap the rewards of his brave team selection later in the tournament!

Lets get behind OUR NATIONAL team and roar them onto victory in front of 60k Plus speccies on Saturday in Cardiff!!  

While Graham would be handy, it is probably the area England has the most depth. G Burgess and Mossop will lead the front line with Chris Hill off the bench.

I'm more concerned about the halves. A Sinfield-Widdop partnership is a must. Chase will be good coming off the bench to provide spark. Burrow shouldn't be there, be would do the same job as Chase, albeit not as good. 

Roby is the best option at 9, and can play for 80 mins, so no problems there. 

No O'Loughlin, IMO, is the biggest shock. I gather he mustn't be fully recovered from his injury, and McNamara may hold him back and ease him into the tournament with some of the other games in preparation for the knockout stages.

It is still a good England side, and can definitely win. They just need to get the right mix in the halves and have a good kicking game.

I hope Hill gets a start, he always seem to want to get stuck in regardless of who he's up against.

"I am playing all the right players but not  necessarily in the right positions." ;)

Hock, McIllorum and Hardaker wouldn't be in my starting 17 anyways.

Graham is a blow, but gives the Burgess boys a chance to step up now. Start with Mossop and Hill. Just imagine the roar from the crowd if they bring on both the twins at the same time. It would be a huge boost.

I'm no fan of McNamara but he has taken the correct course of action to nip in the bud the poor attitude shown by some of the players.  

The message is loud and clear, "If you can't operate in a professional environment then you will not represent your country.  I doesn't matter who you are or what you think your standing in the game is - your gone".

Now let's put all this mess behind us and play and operate as a team, it's the only chance we have of beating the Aussies and Kiwi's.

I'm no fan of McNamara but he has taken the correct course of action to nip in the bud the poor attitude shown by some of the players.

The message is loud and clear, "If you can't operate in a professional environment then you will not represent your country. I doesn't matter who you are or what you think your standing in the game is - your gone".

Now let's put all this mess behind us and play and operate as a team, it's the only chance we have of beating the Aussies and Kiwi's.

I hope the players involved are embarrassed. As pro players representing their country in the pinnacle of their sport and they couldn't go a couple of weeks without going on the lash.

I think some people are seriously underrating Graham here. He's one of the world's best props and will be a big miss for us. I think Tom Burgess should be able to do a reasonable job, but he's certainly a level or two below Jammer.

Why hasn't this strong Disciplinery message been hammered home at some point in the last 3 years! I'm not blaming McNamara for everything but he's been in charge long enough to have stamped hs authority on the squad. The fact that he hasn't has lead to breaches of discipline during the actual tournament that he's been building for for 3 years and as such has undermined our chances.

Why hasn't this strong Disciplinery message been hammered home at some point in the last 3 years! I'm not blaming McNamara for everything but he's been in charge long enough to have stamped hs authority on the squad. The fact that he hasn't has lead to breaches of discipline during the actual tournament that he's been building for for 3 years and as such has undermined our chances.

How do you know he hasn't? Maybe the players are just thick...