Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Col

No Graham

121 posts in this topic

After all, we've had so much international success as G B under so many previous coaches who have all the qualties you listed.

So your answer to that is to give the job to a man with none of those qualities, and hope for the best?

Great strategy, glad you took the time to share it with us.

Walking out of press conference when asked a few awkward questions doesn't show resolve - it smacks of a man who's lurching from one disaster to another with no idea of what to do next.

Sure, McNamara isn't quite in the same league as Ferguson but he is following a well trodden path.

Walking out of press conference when asked a few awkward questions doesn't show resolve - it smacks of a man who's lurching from one disaster to another with no idea of what to do next.

Sure, McNamara isn't quite in the same league as Ferguson but he is following a well trodden path.

The thing is, it wasn't a 'few awkward questions' was it? He stated quite categorically, several times, that he wouldn't answer questions about individual players but it was blatantly ignored by certain journalists (the ones who aren't there as cheerleaders of course)

Had he backed down and started answering the question about Graham, he would no doubt now be being derided for being weak by the same people criticising him. I think he did the right thing.

It's not like it matters if the RL journalists back the game is it? They are useless when it comes to promoting RL

I think McNamara was lucky he was dealing with this group of individuals, as we can reasonably cover for all of them, while making it clear reputations won't he enough to guarantee selection and asserting his authority. If the drinkers had been Hall, Sams T And B, Roby and Josh, we'd be in deep trouble.

Hill and Mossop are wonderful players. They can give us 60 hard, efficient minutes and Hill can offload very well. That leaves 40 minutes between 2 Burgesses. I am sure they can get through that.

In a way I hope the 17 picked seize their chance and the group that wanted to go on the lash rather than prepare reflect in their blazers at Old Trafford.

Seize the day boys - immortality awaits!

Why do you address the Wigan players by their first name like you go out on the ###### with them?

Why do you address the Wigan players by their first name like you go out on the ###### with them?

Who is this famous Wigan player Mossop Mossop?

Who is this famous Wigan player Mossop Mossop?

I don't know, I'll ask the mother-in-law she is from Pemberton.

Will both twins coming on together count as one sub? :-)

Only if they wear the same pair of shorts

Nope, but neither should doing your dirty washing in public, or blatant showboating by the coach to show how tough he is.

Nobody should have known anything about this sorry episode. That would have been strong management.

How do you hide this type of incident in this day and age ?

I watched the interview tonight and MacBanana  stated clearly that he wasn't there to talk about the incident but would answer questions about the selected players and forth coming game, he actually gave them a last warning and when a member of the press asked a question blatantly directed at the disciplinary measures MacBanana cooling used the coach leaving as an excuse to leave, I actually hope whoever asked the question gets his ear hole twisted by the rest of the reporters.

How do you hide this type of incident in this day and age ?

I watched the interview tonight and MacBanana stated clearly that he wasn't there to talk about the incident but would answer questions about the selected players and forth coming game, he actually gave them a last warning and when a member of the press asked a question blatantly directed at the disciplinary measures MacBanana cooling used the coach leaving as an excuse to leave, I actually hope whoever asked the question gets his ear hole twisted by the rest of the reporters.

Do we know who asked that (final) question?

I could be wrong but it sounded like Chris Irvine asking the last question. That's just a guess though.

So your answer to that is to give the job to a man with none of those qualities, and hope for the best?

Great strategy, glad you took the time to share it with us.

Please stick to your promise.

Your comment might have some credence if he had actually picked the best players in the first place.

Once again you move the argument sideways. Its pretty pathetic.

Once again you move the argument sideways. Its pretty pathetic.

You don't do arguments though. You do one sided "I'm not moving" stances.

You are now going on ignore.

Enjoy the game.

Enjoy the game.

It's you that's doing one sided stances, using this thread as a reason to bash McNamara. It seems you can't look at it from both sides and see that players might have actually been in the wrong and the coach needed to punish them.

Enjoy the game.

Oi ! Me first! INn fact, there's lots of us who want to be put on your ignore list. Get on with it!

Does the list of people you have set on 'ignore' automatically transfer over each time you set up a new username? Must be a right pain if not.

Ha ha, oh dear, what a pity, never mind. Like I said, pathetic.

Does the list of people you have set on 'ignore' automatically transfer over each time you set up a new username? Must be a right pain if not.

Do we know who he used to be yet,

Hey, just letting you know i saw them all out at the club last week. great night

Do you do the 3am showbiz column in the paper?