Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldcoaster

Leaving after Eng v Aus

23 posts in this topic

I wonder how many folk will leave after the England Australia game, and how many will stay for Wales-Italy?

I suppose allot will depend on whether England win or not. If they lose, I can see a lot of folk heading back t'up North early, rather than sit through a neutral contest.

I wonder how many folk will leave after the England Australia game, and how many will stay for Wales-Italy?

I suppose allot will depend on whether England win or not. If they lose, I can see a lot of folk heading back t'up North early, rather than sit through a neutral contest.

It depends how many locals are there. Tournament officials claim that they've sold a good chunk of tickets to people in Wales, so hopefully that should mean a fair few stay for the Wales game. That might be closer and more entertaining than the England-Aus one anyway.

well we won't be leaving our coach leaves after the second game.

I'll be there for both, cheering the home nations on!

I hope everyone shows due respect to our Welsh hosts and stays to watch more of The Greatest Game.

Ill be staying for both. Being a true Yorkshire man, if ive paid for both im watching both!!

I dont really get why anyone would leave though other than if they had no choice. Interesting how for the Four Nations game at Wembley a couple of years back it filled up as the Wales v NZ game went on.

Would hope as everyone is already in the ground that few would go anywhere!

back the up north?

Quite a few people will leave the stadium after game 1.

That will be spotted by someone on here, who will bump this thread. Cue general moaning on here and Twitter.

Most of those who left will go for a wander, grab a pint and come back just before the Wales game.

It's inevitable that some will leave especially if England perform badly. With the stadium being in the centre of Cardiff, people will leave to go the pub, walk around Cardiff etc. I'd like it not to be the case but it's naive to think that we can convince everybody to stay, Millenium Magic shows us that there are many fans who are only really interested in watching their own team.

I doubt it will affect the England game in the same way with Welsh fans not attending because it is a genuinely big game on the RL world stage plus you have the opening ceremony on before it.

I hear that the WC management team have got the keys to the millenium and are going to lock the exits / cover them with bouncers at half time in the Eng v Aus game. This should ensure that everyone stays in the stadium and enjoys another bloomin' good game... :tease:  

... we should all be grateful that so many people have put so much effort in on our behalf to put this WC on!

Why on earth would you want to leave after just one game?

Quite right. Stay and support us. Come on Wales.

One of the highlights for mine will be the singing of the Welsh national anthem; never heard it sung in Wales at a rugby game - I am sure it will be awesome!

What?  There's a game on BEFORE Wales v Italy!!  I may go early then!

I'll be watching both, and in the stadium.

I'll be cheering on the welsh in my west country accent wearing my England shirt!

I'll certainly be staying. The Wales v Italy game is too close to call and could be a cracker. I can see why people might not actively make an effort to go and see it, but to be there and walk away just before it starts makes no sense at all.

Quite right. Stay and support us. Come on Wales.

The England game is the warm up isn't it? ;)

I'll be staying, if only because my coach isn't setting off until after the second match

I'll be swapping shirts between games to support Wales in the second match.

Me too. Did the same at the Wembley double header two years ago. :D

Though my Wales shirt is 1990s "British Coal" vintage.

The Wales v Italy match will be awesome, very close, I think Wales by one score, so who would want to miss that?

And being a giants fan I love it when Craig and Larne rev up their engines and go for it.

I actually think he will be a revelation this year and the Evans boys will be great to watch