Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lone Drinker

Keighley have signed loose forward Ash Lindsay from Batley

32 posts in this topic

Gutted and surprised. One of the players who gets the team going forward. I think him and Mauny were instrumental in getting us back to winning ways after the six game slump. And it would have been his testimonial year. 

Not particularly surprised. He's been a fine servant for us but his best years are definitely behind him. I'm not sure he'd have got much of a look in this coming season with the likelihood of Davies occupying the loose forward slot. Good luck to him at Keighley. His testimonial would actually have been due in 2015, hth.

Whatever he's getting extra at Keighley won't cover what his testimonial would have raised,i wish

him all the best always enjoyed watching and talking to him,but i think he's  made a big mistake.

Only my opinion but best of luck Ash.

Suspect this is financially motivated. If Ash got a good deal for 12 months, good luck to him. He's sweated blood for the club in his time here and my favourite recollection was when Rhino came knocking for him at the time of the mini-defection and Ash put loyalty first and stayed put. Wish him well at the Cougars apart from when they play us.

His testimonial would actually have been due in 2015, hth.

My mistake. I'm sure he told me that himself, I may have misunderstood.

Sad to see him go, but at least its not to those noisy neighbours of ours. Always gave 110%

Very saddened to see him go. Highlight for me was the try against Barrow a couple or three years ago. 90mtrs, uphill including a handoff. Great memories

Whatever he's getting extra at Keighley won't cover what his testimonial would have raised,i wish

him all the best always enjoyed watching and talking to him,but i think he's  made a big mistake.

Only my opinion but best of luck Ash.

Do you know if Batley actually offered him a contract for 2014?

Tough as old boots and chickenleys finest, cunningham was certainly suprised during the saints away challenge cup match 2006.

probably his last year as a pro although he could prob do a job at the hawks or knights for years to come.

Thanks ash

Do you know if Batley actually offered him a contract for 2014?

I believe he was offered terms for next season but declined them in order to accept the offer from Keighley.

hope he has a rethink and decides to stay he has batley bulldogs running through his veins, will always be very popular at the mount and would surely have a very rewarding testimonial year.

hope he has a rethink and decides to stay he has batley bulldogs running through his veins, will always be very popular at the mount and would surely have a very rewarding testimonial year.

Why on earth would he do that. He has signed for Keighley!

Sounded like he was going to take advantage of the 14 day 'cooling off period' this aft, unless it was the beer talking.

Hope he changes his mind and stays.

Why on earth would he do that. He has signed for Keighley

because he was listening to a few voices of reason this afternoon and it may have made him re-think ( I certainly hope so)

because he was listening to a few voices of reason this afternoon and it may have made him re-think ( I certainly hope so)

So you would expect him to break his contract?

Not the only person to sign for another team and then have regrets afterwards.

Not the only person to sign for another team and then have regrets afterwards.

Surprisingly being at Batley isn't the be all and end all of everyone's ambitions.

Maybe, just maybe, he prefers the idea of playing regularly and getting paid for doing so than simply being a supplementary squad player. But what should I know?

Bsj maybe you know nothing about the deal he has signed ! For the extra guaranteed ££ he will get it will cost him more in petrol £££ !!!! By the way congratulations on signing a player from batley (halfback) on a 5 figure guaranteed money deal who was on no guaranteed money at batley and win pay only ! ! Let's all laugh at the tipratters !

Surprisingly being at Batley isn't the ba all and end all of everyone's ambitions.

Maybe, just maybe, he prefers the idea of playing regularly and getting paid for doing so than simply being a supplementary squad player. But what should I know?

. . . . . . . . and you want an answer???

Personally sorry to see him go. 100% player. Strong and hard as nails. Pleasure watching bigger men trying and failing to bring him down. Best of luck. Ash.

Bsj what exactly is a supplementary squad player,ash when fit played,he played most games this year and would thus receive said regular payment,so at keighley he would play injured just to be paid regular

Bsj what exactly is a supplementary squad player,ash when fit played,he played most games this year and would thus receive said regular payment,so at keighley he would play injured just to be paid regular

As Terminator said:

Not particularly surprised. He's been a fine servant for us but his best years are definitely behind him. I'm not sure he'd have got much of a look in this coming season with the likelihood of Davies occupying the loose forward slot. Good luck to him at Keighley. His testimonial would actually have been due in 2015, hth.

I just reckon players would rather play than watch, especially towards the end of their career. The same applied to Danny Maun - he may have struggled to get picked next season but fancied just one more year.

Bsj maybe you know nothing about the deal he has signed ! For the extra guaranteed ££ he will get it will cost him more in petrol £££ !!!! By the way congratulations on signing a player from batley (halfback) on a 5 figure guaranteed money deal who was on no guaranteed money at batley and win pay only ! ! Let's all laugh at the tipratters !

My opinion lies in tatters at the feet of your eloquence.

our loss.massive workrate and still good for a couple a seasons.does a lot more on the pitch than some younger lads,am sure he will do keighley proud and fit in well. thanks for some fantastic rugby ash fella.

Great character. Would have liked him to stay. He's been a great servant to the club and I wish him all the best for the future. Except against us.