Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

Excitement reaching fever pitch.....

27 posts in this topic

Yep, just printed my boarding pass for Cardiff, and could scarcely click the mouse button with excitement. Can't wait, regardless of the now customary England (or GB) shambles dampener.

It'll be great! Nothing gives me a buzz like England (or GB) versus Australia.

Last RWC, England were pants, but it was still a brilliant tournament with great matches all over the place. This time, it'll be even better. B)

Can't wait. Two hours time we'll be picking our eldest up from college and heading on down to Cardiff. Very, very excited now. Especially now I've seen a couple of pixies of the opening ceremony. Looks great.

I'm that bad I'm watching highlights of the RLWC '08 on the bbc website.

I just watched the NZ one where we lost from being 24-8 up, did Gleeson play halfback in that game, he was wearing 6 and scored and awesome try through the middle?

Don't forget your passports and enjoy the delights of Cardiff. Don't forget from about 6pm 20000 valley girls will invade and that's more terrifying then the Aussies! Also noticed today that the rugby shop opposite Cardiff castle has a great window display - that kiwi shirt is a beauty and are selling welsh shirts and kangaroo shirts. But not England ones although you can get a giant inflatable rlwc steeden ball!

I'm not an early bird at all, but I was wide awake before 7am ready for our journey from Warrington to Swansea.

Now I'm here and even more excited!

By the way, it's cold, wet and windy!

Catching the 9.30 train from Swansea to Cardiff. We want to enjoy the build up and the atmosphere. Come on Wales.

I am now at the point where I don't want the thing to start! LOL. I don't want this anticipation to go away. The typical Christmas eve childhood feeling B)

Excited muchly

Hope everyone enjoys a feast of world class rugby league

I am most jealous of you all! I shall have to make do with staying up into the wee hours here in Aus to watch it.

Which in itself takes some master planning as I have to be careful not to drink too much earlier in the evening so that I don't fall asleep on the sofa and wake up at 2am when it's all over....something I have managed to do on several occasions.

I hope the day lives up to everyone's expectations...I'm sure it will. To all those who are going....enjoy every minute.

And C'mon England!

I am most jealous of you all! I shall have to make do with staying up into the wee hours here in Aus to watch it.

Which in itself takes some master planning as I have to be careful not to drink too much earlier in the evening so that I don't fall asleep on the sofa and wake up at 2am when it's all over....something I have managed to do on several occasions.

I hope the day lives up to everyone's expectations...I'm sure it will. To all those who are going....enjoy every minute.

And C'mon England!

Got my beer and 3 backup tv's in each room in case of any problems.

That, and if we have a local blackout, Wests Illawarra leagues club is open till 6am and it's only 10mins away, everything is under control.

I'm taping it on my home TV AND on my girlfriend's TV AND I'm staying up to the wee hours to watch it all live just in case !!!!! Can't wait - and I'm 20,000 km away !!!!!

Bring on RLWC 2017 !!!!!

My next door neighbour is taping it and we're going to watch "live" at 7am.

Can't wait - I'm far more jittery about this tournament than I am about my upcoming knee surgery....

C'mon England :-)

well Im up and giddy, despite feeling slightly rough after drinks last night.

Ill be brave and push through it though!

Come on England!!!!! (oh and Wales!)

My wonderful wife and I are up in the lake districts for our anniversary and one of my presents this morning was an England RL top so I will be suitably dressed when cheering the lads on in the Royal Oak in Ambleside this afternoon........COME ON ENGLAND!!!

I'm taping it on my home TV AND on my girlfriend's TV AND I'm staying up to the wee hours to watch it all live just in case !!!!! Can't wait - and I'm 20,000 km away !!!!!

Bring on RLWC 2017 !!!!!

Just got up, sausages in the pan, drive up from Exeter in half an hour

I can taste it!

ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This feels odd - everyone in GB is starting their day and the excitement's building.......and I'm about to go to bed......

Feeling really jealous of those able to enjoy such a massive RL day.  

C'mon England (and Wales)

Can't work out if I'm too excited about the World Cup starting today or my missus is slipping laxatives in my morning coffee lol!!

On a more serious not this is a massive day for Rugby League and with all the hype around the game at the moment are we entering into a new era for the sport........ I hope so!!!

Come on England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems unreal now it's actually here. I remember 3 years ago, then 2 years....then 1...100 days. ...One week...and now it's here.