Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaulT

Premier Sports on Virgin Media

23 posts in this topic

Flicking through the channels this morning and noticed that Premier Sports is now on Virgin Media, just in time for the World Cup.  So for those with Virgin Media, channel 551!

Its free on virgin media til new year then it will cost £7.99 a month according to the read up

Top news! Something for free for once

If it was really free it should be on Freeview

Even thats not free. 145 for a tv licence.

Yep, suppose you're right - you don't get owt for nowt, especially these days

Not having Virgin available to us and not wanting to line the Murdochs' pockets I can only get to see whatever the BBC are putting on (which isn't much). I'd have thought they'd have had more highlights than just once a week, late on Sunday night. I know they're sending a radio van to each match but it's not the same as seeing the crunching tackles fly in on my steam-powered TV !!

Is Premier available on-line? That could be a solution...or failing that do pubs tend to have Premier on?.....could be a good excuse!

You can get it for £9.99 for the month Paul, I have and got my moneys worth in just 40 mins of action from last night. A lot of people on the forums reckon it was the best game they had ever watched!

You also get a 7 day catch up on it plus any other sports they show which might take your fancy!

Thanks Loyalion. Have you tried plugging a feed from the PC/laptop into a TV to watch on the big screen? If anyone has, what's the quality like?

It should be fine. I've used mine with BBC iplayer and that worked ok. I have one of those smart DVD freesat thingies with the internet connection and it works ok via that too, although it's a pain in the a##e to set up as I have to do it with the remote!

just connect HDMI lead from comp to telly works perfect

Another great match tonight. PS works well on the internet...though slightly "blocky" but that's probably due to my BT Infinity fibre optics!