Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

808tone

Muslim Youth Intimidation

42 posts in this topic

Well had a lovely night last night from coming home from a Ska/Reggae night in a nice quite well to do seaside town and but then spoiled by about a dozen Muslim youth's hanging around 3 car's in a the parking bay of the seafront car park.As I walked past I got chant's of "scruffy " ,"go and drown" ,"white ###### bread", as I kept walking I got 'let's him', followed by loads of laughing then "we your wife" and by this time I had turned the corner and then shot off when I was out of view.

I have seen in the past stories off gang attacks from Muslim youth's in Brick Lane/Bradford etc and just wondered when this us against them attitude started ? as I live in a nearly 100% white well to do area yet would hate to think what it's like in places where there is a big Muslim population as last night was very unpleasant.

Well had a lovely night last night from coming home from a Ska/Reggae night in a nice quite well to do seaside town and but then spoiled by about a dozen Muslim youth's hanging around 3 car's in a the parking bay of the seafront car park.As I walked past I got chant's of "scruffy ######" ,"go and drown" ,"white ###### bread", as I kept walking I got 'let's ###### him', followed by loads of laughing then "we ###### your wife" and by this time I had turned the corner and then shot off when I was out of view.

I have seen in the past stories off gang attacks from Muslim youth's in Brick Lane/Bradford etc and just wondered when this us against them attitude started ? as I live in a nearly 100% white well to do area yet would hate to think what it's like in places where there is a big Muslim population as last night was very unpleasant.

You don't get out often do you.Welcome to the real world.

You don't get out often do you.Welcome to the real world.

I do and what do you mean by that.

This thread isn't exactly destined for greatness....

Maybe but's a problem and should be discussed like white chav trash and places like no-go area's in Peckham etc all have there problem's but the government should do something.

Funnily enough I had similar experience with some white teenagers. I'm sure someone out there has had some trouble with black kids as well.

If your point is that teenagers hanging round in groups think they are hard and invincible and like to intimidate then this has almost always been the case. Not very pleasant granted and can in some extreme cases lead to serious trouble.

Funnily enough I had similar experience with some white teenagers. I'm sure someone out there has had some trouble with black kids as well.

If your point is that teenagers hanging round in groups think they are hard and invincible and like to intimidate then this has almost always been the case. Not very pleasant granted and can in some extreme cases lead to serious trouble.

Yes 100% agree but it this was purely racist abuse and that should be dealt with.

Not a great experience I'm sure, but not sure that it's any different in nature to the behaviour of some groups of any ethnic background from across the UK. It should be dealt with in exactly the same way that any anti-social behaviour is.

Not a great experience I'm sure, but not sure that it's any different in nature to the behaviour of some groups of any ethnic background from across the UK. It should be dealt with in exactly the same way that any anti-social behaviour is.

But if you trawl through the anti-fascist's sites like Hope Not Hate and UAF they always after white racism like EDL and BNP and don't seem to address racism come's from all colour's.

That's true.

But it is a specific problem in some areas like Bradford and I have experienced it first hand. I don't know why it is treated as anything other than racial hatred but it is often dismissed as 'just teenagers mucking around'. It isn't.

Of course this is not the majority but it doesn't have to be to cause real problems.

That's true.

But it is a specific problem in some areas like Bradford and I have experienced it first hand. I don't know why it is treated as anything other than racial hatred but it is often dismissed as 'just teenagers mucking around'. It isn't.

Of course this is not the majority but it doesn't have to be to cause real problems.

Ok so did 808tone report this racist hated to the police. If so then good for him. If not then he probably did what most people do and ignore it and put it down to teenager idiots.

Ok so did 808tone report this racist hated to the police. If so then good for him. If not then he probably did what most people do and ignore it and put it down to teenager idiots.

That doesn't make it ok.

I reported it and good chance they are ever out from the area or middle class kids/or local waiter's acting the hard one.

That doesn't make it ok.

I didn't say it did. Good that it was reported though.

I didn't say it did. Good that it was reported though.

I know personally of cases that have been reported and ignored. Quite a few actually.

In my book, *anyone* abusing someone based on their race should be treated the same and not some of them brushed under the carpet.

Out of interest, how do you know they were Muslim, rather than any other religion, or even aethiests?

What does the fact that these chaps were (supposedly) Muslim have to do with the fact that you were racially abused by them?

Out of interest, how do you know they were Muslim, rather than any other religion, or even aethiests?

I think a small Pakistani flag hanging from the front mirror sort of give it away.

I think a small Pakistani flag hanging from the front mirror sort of give it away.

This suggests that thinking isn't your strong suit.

This sort of thing is very common in Keighley.

I teach a lot of young woman to drive. Those who live above the mainly Asian areas will not walk through them even during daylight, As all of them have been racially and sexually abused by gangs of Asians.

If this was the other way round there would be rioting.

I teach a lot of young woman to drive. Those who live above the mainly Asian areas will not walk through them even during daylight, As all of them have been racially and sexually abused by gangs of Asians.

Agree the police/mosque's/colleges and universities need to be more vocal about it.

I concur. I had a rather unpleasant experience with a group of Asians cutting up other drivers to provoke a reaction.

I understand the idea that youths can be unpleasant regardless of their background or race but it always more intimidating when you have little in common with them.

Also a threat to rape your wife isn't something you can ignore. If anything it raises the bar significantly beyond racial tension or abuse.

Christ are you for real ?

Yes I am for real.  A Pakistani flag does not signify a connection with Islam, granted the odds are stacked that way but it's not a given.  

There are parts of keighley I don't feel comfortable in certainly some of the pubs the revervoir tavern and the pubs in the crossroads area for instance

Im a white adult male, so I don't know what an jAsian person would feel like

The kind of behaviour the op describes is unacceptable no matter who is intimidating who, although I can guess which people will be more likely to be on the wrong end of it

I have 'nothing in common' with racist oafs no matter who they are