Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidsmudge

play offs

422 posts in this topic

Surely the rules were highlighted before the game even the kids know its extra time then Golden Point standard across all areas .

League enquiry, and they will probably, side with Wests. But the league will have to pay the travel, for siddal. The latter been a fact.

I cannot believe people are saying the game should be replayed. Both teams were playing to the same script and west hull knew they had been beaten as soon as the drop goal went over.

Agree wiv the above wests have had a great season but moaning about the drop goal is wrong they was attempting them so must of knew it was golden point it was a good game shame this has come up and not how both teams gave it there all which siddal just got the better wiv the drop goal

What a mess this has created.Surely if there has to be a replay it will have to be played this coming wed maybe at a neutral floodlit ground,because if not it would be played next sat then the winner would play lock lane the following wed the winner then playing the loser of the thatto v wath that sat.This would be unfair given the fact the winner would have to play two or three games in one week to maybe reach the grand final!get your thinking cap on mr Lowe.Thatto and Wath must be rubbing their hands.

think the post from sg6 is the crucial 1 as it comes from a player in the centre of the  dramatic  ending !!!

A no win situation for the committee. Whatever decision they make it will upset someone. For me the teams at the time played the game to what the believed to be a true conclusion. It's unbelievable that the referee didn't know the arrangements. I presume the match officials get the same email as the clubs get regarding the appointments and on that it clearly states in big red letters what the rules are in the event of extra time.

Will be a disgrace if the game has to be replayed. From reading what's above both teams knew what the crack was before extra time started, Siddal won seems Wests are just trying to clutch at straws

There is no way siddal will be travelling to west hull next Saturday, it is an absolute disgrace that it is even being mentioned, there players knew they had lost soon as the drop goal went over , they practically all feel to the floor, both sets of players knew the outcome, how would it be fair making siddal travel back over then play lock lane Wednesday if they was to win

It's just unlucky ref error!! It does need addressing the refereeing in the top amateur competition is appalling!! Shouldn't be replayed though will impact on to many other teams chances!!

The rules are the rules, there is only one person to blame in all of this and thats the incompetant ref who blow up when he shouldn't have done. Whoever wins next week will be at a disadvantage against Lane.

west hull are a top club and the relationship with siddal is top notch......should they do the hounarable thing and accept the result ?

They was no vote was ref from Halifax by any chance even his linesman said it's play on still and he just ran to dressing room clueless (delete)

This is the exact conversation I had with the linesmen before the start of extra time " is it 10mins each way and then golden point they both replied no and then the older one said its 10 mins each way golden point from the start" so don't give me they didn't know what was happening

Surley can't be replayed i was there west hull lost fair and square like mentioned earlier west hull was going for drop goals them selfs regardless wot the ref has done right or wrong west hull still got beat fair play to siddal

Complete cock up however neither team had the advantage of not playing the extra 10, both teams attempted the drop goals and on this occasion Siddal got the kick, I have a soft spot for Wests however I have to say on this occasion their complaints shows poor form and smells of a bad loser.

Who will pay the bus for Siddal to travel down again ?

West Hull made 3 drop goal attempts in normal time NOT extra time. If this was a fair result and the rules had been followed correctly then there would be no replay.

West hull took a shot at a drop goal on there firsts set in extra time, both captains were told about golden point when they tossed the coin and neither argued this,

Why play the full game again ?

If west are unhappy with the result just start the game at 14/15 and play the extra time that was left from the 10 min eachway