Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidsmudge

play offs

422 posts in this topic

Regardless of who agreed what on the day. The ref or the captains clearly cannot change the RFL rules. If that was the case a ref may as well go out any week and tell the players how long he wants a game to be played on a given day.

So your telling me that west hull would have corrected the ref if they had dropped a goal and asked to keep playing the rest of extra time.... No way

If that had happened then we would still be in the same situation because Siddal would have then raised the issue......or are you saying not. Don't think so as Siddal Committee were well aware of the RFL rules re extra time and don't believe for one minute they would have let it go either.

Of course siddal would have let it go. If wests had of dropped the goal siddal would have accepted they won the game.

Your players accepted they had lost the game, this fuss has been created by the west coaches and committee, if siddal had lost and then kicked off like west hull have, I would have been embarrassed to be associated with them

The ref or the captains clearly cannot change the RFL rules.

Playing golden point not extra time is the RFL rule, thats the problem.

The rules are the rules, there is only one person to blame in all of this and thats the incompetant ref who blow up when he shouldn't have done. Whoever wins next week will be at a disadvantage against Lane.

And then possibly visit Wath Brow 3 days later . . .

Yeah, right of course they would because they are such good sports, just like the Siddal supporter/ coaching staff who got himself red carded ( Great representation of  the club)  Like i said before the rules are the rules. They have to play again so get over it. Come on you Wests!!!!!

Jbb, your posts really are embarrassing and showing west hull in a bad light.

the fact is that the ref and both sets of players agreed and played to golden point rules. Rules are rules? So how many games have been won/lost because of an error with following the rules? Forward passes, offsides, foot in touch? Its happened hundreds of times. If we wer to replay every game that was lost because one side believed theyd been hard done by we would be replaying games every week. The refs decision is final, not that there is anything to argue in this case as as i pointed out both teams were well aware of the situation and agreed to this.

The competition will be a joke, imagine if west went on and won it after this, how could they be crowned as champions when they lost in the first weeks of the playoffs, disgraceful!!!!!!

Good point Polak, how many times have we all being stood on a touchline and the ref has blown too early or let it run too late when those extra minutes could have been crucial, forward passes missed, refs ignoring touch judges, knock-ons, the list is endless!! all part and parcel of the game sadly as no one is without error managing a sport which involves 26 players on a pitch. Like I mentioned it is a terrible cock-up however I was there and although I have no idea if the captains agreed anything I certainly saw Wests taking a shot at goal in their first set, based on what I saw for me the result should stand, simple as that.

Ordering a replay is a shocking decision,hopefully siddal can win AGAIN and justice will be done

So why should lock lane have a disadvantage in playing a mid week fixture at some one else's expense absolute disgrace if the winner of the game beats lock lane they have no hope against the winner of the top two this is not a Mickey Mouse competition and needs to be thought about regarding every team involved. Who ever finishes 1st and 2nd have the easy draw and a 2nd bite at that cherry every other team has to work extremely hard for it. Grand finals don't come easily

If Siddal don't travel do normal league rules apply? I.e a fine and automatic relegation or is it diffrent with been play offs?

Joe Whiteley has tweeted on twitter :NCL Management Committee rule playoff game between West Hull and Siddal must be replayed on November Saturday 2nd.

With the winners having to play Lock Lane at 8pm on Wed 6th Nov.

The winners of that tie are then playing on Sat 9th Nov i.e. the rest of the schedule remains the same.