Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bomballey

Vintage Raymondo

11 posts in this topic

Don't miss Ray going out in his last commentary with the flurry oooohs, aaaaahs, errrrrs, errrrmms, wrong names and wonderful meanderings....

Classic. All the best Ray. Take care.

Don't miss Ray going out in his last commentary with the flurry oooohs, aaaaahs, errrrrs, errrrmms, wrong names and wonderful meanderings....

Classic. All the best Ray. Take care.

He was asked at half time in the Oz game for his worst moment commentating. I reckoned calling Fev Feather-STONE in the 1983 final was one of them, but Ray saw it differently

He was asked at half time in the Oz game for his worst moment commentating. I reckoned calling Fev Feather-STONE in the 1983 final was one of them, but Ray saw it differently

Titter. There are so many how could he ever answer that one. He is brilliant at commentating when seemingly oblivious to the fact that there are people listening.

It's like he's just chatting to Nobby in the Blue Bell in Darrington and its on TV in the background. Magic

Wasn't too sure where to put it.  Jon Wells on the radio is absolutely first class, much better than his shouty man Sky persona.  Informative, serious but not overly and runs rings around George Riley.

A big thank you to Ray French for his years commentating.  Great memories.

Happy retirement to Ray. My favourite moment yesterday was when he almost called Italy Australia. He managed to turn it into Autaly.

As I've said elsewhere on this forum, i thought his commentating was excrutiating

Why wasn't he pensioned off years ago?

Andrew Voss in the first game was a total professional by comparison; very knowledgable and with plenty of RLWC facts and history.

30 years and as bad as ever. clouseu