See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lounge Room Lizard

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

173 posts in this topic

Think has been good. Andrew Voss, Daryll Harrigan and Shaun Edwards was very good I thought. Having an Aussie, An Englishman and a Kiwi was good. Certainly way better than listening to Sky coverage! Ray French is past it but Brian Noble is good. Jonathon Davies should never be allowed to comment on League- awful! Showed the whole opening ceremony and I like listening to the video ref and why he makes a decision. Much prefer Premiersports than Sky and today just adds to it

Disappointed with Premier Player, might be my connection in the America; however although the picture quality was good. The stream kept stopping, skipping and resetting to previous points in the match. Did anyone else have any issues with the premier player?

Thought commentators were good but coverage needs a few tweaks. Overall not bad I reckon

I watched some of the Premier coverage and some of the Beeb, is Premier taking Aussie coverage?

I watched some of the Premier coverage and some of the Beeb, is Premier taking Aussie coverage?

Not quite - the Aussies are taking Premier's coverage!

Think has been good. Andrew Voss, Daryll Harrigan and Shaun Edwards was very good I thought. Having an Aussie, An Englishman and a Kiwi was good. Certainly way better than listening to Sky coverage! Ray French is past it but Brian Noble is good. Jonathon Davies should never be allowed to comment on League- awful! Showed the whole opening ceremony and I like listening to the video ref and why he makes a decision. Much prefer Premiersports than Sky and today just adds to it

I enjoyed it as my first exposure to Premier.

I flicked across to BBC just to see what they have to offer, got instantly irritated by JD and flicked back quickly to listen to people actually talking about RL. Brian Noble would enhance the coverage even more - I was surprised just how out of touch SE was with the modern game and tactics (the price you pay for supping with the devil) and here BN would have been better.

Who did you get commentating on British coverage? In NZ, we got Woods for the opening ceremony, then Voss for the England game and French for the Wales game. 

You must have had the premier feed in NZ, on the BBC it was Woods commentating on England, with Brian Noble and Jonathan Davies. Premier used the BBC commentary for the Wales game.

Just started watching the Premier Sports recording of England v Australia . The full opening ceremony. The on pitch discussions setting the scene are so well staged, this is looking a notch x 3 above the BBC and Sky.

Well done.

I enjoy Jonathan Davies, more in the studio than commenting though.   against the grain I know, but there you are.... all down to composure I guess.

Andrew Voss is just a fantastic commentator. He was available a year ago when he left Channel 9 and Sky should have paid him a fortune to lure him over. He would have become a "Benaud" like cult figure in the UK. Watched the Aussie game back on PS after originally watching the BBC and there was no comparison in the main call. He notices all the things that the BBC didn't - Inglis jumping up from the floor to block Charnley going under the posts, the ref getting meloned behind the posts etc. A great addition for PS.

As I went to Cardiff, I've yet to watch either version of the day on TV.  When I'll get a chance to do so I don't know because I'm off to watch the Kiwis v Samoa today and then of course there will be umpteen matches to watch from now on in!  Hopefully I'll be able to sneak a peek sometime soon.

Watched the start of the England game on Premier catch-up this morning. Thought Voss and the team were great. Very informed, plus he really knows all the players who come from the NRL. Looks like they will do the game proud.

Thought Brian Noble was great on the BBC. He immediately spotted that the reason for the Slater try on half-time was Burgess not being in the right position.

Jonathan Davies is just embarrassing. He is so out of touch. It must pain league fans who saw him in his pomp, to now hear him drone on, unable to recognise most players, and totally unaware of the nuances of the modern game.

French & Davies or Eddie & Stevo. Wow, what a choice!

Watched the start of the England game on Premier catch-up this morning. Thought Voss and the team were great. Very informed, plus he really knows all the players who come from the NRL. Looks like they will do the game proud.

Thought Brian Noble was great on the BBC. He immediately spotted that the reason for the Slater try on half-time was Burgess not being in the right position.

Jonathan Davies is just embarrassing. He is so out of touch. It must pain league fans who saw him in his pomp, to now hear him drone on, unable to recognise most players, and totally unaware of the nuances of the modern game.

French & Davies or Eddie & Stevo. Wow, what a choice!

Agree with all that

J Davies also spotted that with Burgess on commentary. These are the lapses of concentration that we can't have.

He's better in the studio though. Noble is very good - his enthusiasm shines through, especially when Hall scored - Yes!!

Noble is very good - his enthusiasm shines through, especially when Hall scored - Yes!!

I liked it when, after Sam Burgess cracked Thaiday and all the other commentators were saying "Oooh, red card" etc, Nobby just said "This is test match football !"

Thought Premier sports coverage was better than anything either bbc or sky have ever done. Relaxed. Fun. Informed. All 4 were great. Voss a top front man and game caller. some great craic. Good set pieces great insight they could all string a coherent sentence together. Sky take note. Beeb guests were good wilkin and noble always speak well and big Eorl is a great addition

Having some real issues with the Premier Player flicking back and to. Hopefully just my connection but not had this issue with streaming before.

I was conned into taking my wife to Cornwall next week and was worried that I wouldn't be able to watch the games that were on Premier.

So I have just worked out that thanks to my Sky/premier subscription I can watch on my ipad, Happy days.

Bloody brilliant!

I just found out I get it free on virgin media!

Having some real issues with the Premier Player flicking back and to. Hopefully just my connection but not had this issue with streaming before.

Same with me. I've tried my laptop and am now watching on my iPhone. The audio is fine, but it kind of does a forward two "bits", back one "bit" skips.

What do I do???! Not paid £10 for this! I wouldn't mind making the quality worse if it meant no skipping!

Anyone twittered/FB Premier Sport about this??? I'm not a twitterer myself...

What the hell is going on us it just mine or what constantly skipping comentry fine but then goes off saying cannot load absolute furious

My Premier Player has gone off completely now. Won't load. Hasn't loaded for the past five minutes...

I had some premier player problems yesterday, turns out that the embeded player (called J W Player) does not run too well on the google chrome browser so am using firefox and its working fine now