Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lounge Room Lizard

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

173 posts in this topic

Premier sports ability to pick the right commentary teams for champ RL and now the England vs aus game has been amazing,i really hope they can stay on virgin media next season.

Andrew Voss is outstanding

Missed the first 20 mins of the game kept skipping but the commentary was running fine then it went off, this isn't good enough and needs sorting asap not happy

Agree about Andrew Voss, he's really good. Enthusiastic and makes you feel like you are watching something good. Which it is of course!

Vossy is great so enthusiastic about the game great presenter and commentator need a revamp of the sky team and vossy would be a great addition

I'm having the same problems with the Premier online player. Make sure you complain - I did last week following the problems with the NZ v Cook Islands game and got a day's refund. Also, it's worth complaining so they know they need to sort out all the bloody problems with it.

Vossy is great so enthusiastic about the game great presenter and commentator need a revamp of the sky team and vossy would be a great addition

Sod that,sky,eddie & stevo and sl deserve each other

I'm having the same problems with the Premier online player. Make sure you complain - I did last week following the problems with the NZ v Cook Islands game and got a day's refund. Also, it's worth complaining so they know they need to sort out all the bloody problems with it.

Yeh will do so love premier the amount of coverage and effort they put into rugby league is great but this isn't good enough thankfully I've got it running fine again at the moment but so annoying

Andrew Voss I believe had a bit of a fall out with Channel 9 and this past year was doing SKYNZ Warriors games. I have always found him one of the best to listen to. Makes the game even more entertaining than it is and knows his stuff and brings in the right amount of humour. Works very well with Brian Noble. Premier is way better than Sky for me. Might not have the money but for the resources they do have do it very well. Certain things could improve mind

Andrew Voss I believe had a bit of a fall out with Channel 9 and this past year was doing SKYNZ Warriors games. I have always found him one of the best to listen to. Makes the game even more entertaining than it is and knows his stuff and brings in the right amount of humour. Works very well with Brian Noble. Premier is way better than Sky for me. Might not have the money but for the resources they do have do it very well. Certain things could improve mind

Toatally agree the commentary from voss and noble was awesome I thought

I notice that the adverts during the games seem to be more 'regular' ones. ie ones you see on terrestrial channels. Is this a sign that the WC has attracted better media interest?

I notice that the adverts during the games seem to be more 'regular' ones. ie ones you see on terrestrial channels. Is this a sign that the WC has attracted better media interest?

They have had those around the NRL matches and occasionally the Championship matches too this last season although not the same number as so far during the world cup.  They also have a different programme sponsor for the world cup although I do wish they'd altered their ad to RL rather than doing it on the cheap and retaining soccer.

Vossy is excellent he was stupidly dumped by channel 9 over a total non story. He would be a great addition to the sky team

Really please with Premier's coverage. They captured the game at Warrington really well yesterday. The World Cup is a real celebration of our game and Voss and the team brought this out yesterday. You sense he is having a great time, with his "pork roll and game of darts in the Rodney" before kick-off and Wire being a "real footy ground". His enjoyment of the tournament is coming across in his commentary.

Premier have really captured the glitz and glamour of the World Cup, with the opening ceremony and all that went on in Cardiff, and then the great tradition of the game with the Warrington match.

Haven't watched the PNG game on catch-up yet, but I expect Ian Ramsdale did a decent enough job of that too.

Really please with Premier's coverage. They captured the game at Warrington really well yesterday. The World Cup is a real celebration of our game and Voss and the team brought this out yesterday. You sense he is having a great time, with his "pork roll and game of darts in the Rodney" before kick-off and Wire being a "real footy ground". His enjoyment of the tournament is coming across in his commentary.

Premier have really captured the glitz and glamour of the World Cup, with the opening ceremony and all that went on in Cardiff, and then the great tradition of the game with the Warrington match.

Haven't watched the PNG game on catch-up yet, but I expect Ian Ramsdale did a decent enough job of that too.

I thought IR was quite good. First time I've heard him after seeing a few on here say he's not very good. Jon Wilkin didn't half like to ramble on though!

It'd be great if prem sports could nab a few super league games off sky like what BT did with the football, more games, better coverage, more exposure.....

Like having Vossy there, he makes a hell of a difference. My only complaint so far was i set the PNG game to record and it stopped recording just as Mead attempted the penalty in the 78th minute!.. and stopped for no apparent reason.  extremely annoying.

Like having Vossy there, he makes a hell of a difference. My only complaint so far was i set the PNG game to record and it stopped recording just as Mead attempted the penalty in the 78th minute!.. and stopped for no apparent reason. extremely annoying.

Think it must of over ran if you recorded the second game it has the finish of this one on it.

could be.. haven't sat down to watch the NZ game yet.. so highly likely..

It is I taped them both and the NZ game has the finish of the PNG game on it from about where Aiton does the high tackle.

I enjoy Jonathan Davies, more in the studio than commenting though.   against the grain I know, but there you are.... all down to composure I guess.

This is the reason that the negative voting system should be restored.

I signed up yesterday AM, as I was in Cardiff on Saturday I didn't see the point.  I really enjoyed the commentary, it was fair, and unobtrusive: just as it should be.  The picture isn't amazing, it could do with being in HD but no matter.

The Premier player is a worry.  I've registered but not had a confirmation email as yet, and I've written to them this AM to say that I need it as I'm abroad and want to watch the games.  Slightly worried about what people are putting about it in terms of it being jumpy, and although I don't use Chrome I do use Safari which isn't the standard Explorer browser.

One thing that I did notice when trying to look at the odds on the Kiwi/Samoa game last night was that the scores on SkyBet were some minutes ahead of the actual play which is disappointing.  

I concur with a few of the others about jumps in the media player. And the satellite signal is one of those "weaker" ones that pixellates (though that could have been the high winds and rain last night).

But... Andrew Voss is brilliant. His commentary of the magnificent NZ-Samoa match was superb.