Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lounge Room Lizard

PremierSports coverage so far- Thoughts

173 posts in this topic

The only tiny thing I can criticise is that I wish there was 30 mins build up instead of just 15, and that it stayed on a bit longer afterwards too. Other than that it's been brilliant!

This is the reason that the negative voting system should be restored.

I signed up yesterday AM, as I was in Cardiff on Saturday I didn't see the point.  I really enjoyed the commentary, it was fair, and unobtrusive: just as it should be.  The picture isn't amazing, it could do with being in HD but no matter.

The Premier player is a worry.  I've registered but not had a confirmation email as yet, and I've written to them this AM to say that I need it as I'm abroad and want to watch the games.  Slightly worried about what people are putting about it in terms of it being jumpy, and although I don't use Chrome I do use Safari which isn't the standard Explorer browser.

One thing that I did notice when trying to look at the odds on the Kiwi/Samoa game last night was that the scores on SkyBet were some minutes ahead of the actual play which is disappointing.

Watched the NZ v Samoa game on iPad from Spain and it was spot on. Very impressed with commentary team which further enhanced a brilliant spectacle of a game

Watched the NZ v Samoa game on iPad from Spain and it was spot on. Very impressed with commentary team which further enhanced a brilliant spectacle of a game

Mullaney on holiday again.  Takings at the Redbeck will be well down.

wish we could get Vos and co on sky instead of the stat orientated commentaters they have , at least Vos commentates on game without throwing up meaningless traffic lights and how the 2 teams have compared over the last 30 years and talking utter drivel

wish we could get Vos and co on sky instead of the stat orientated commentaters they have , at least Vos commentates on game without throwing up meaningless traffic lights and how the 2 teams have compared over the last 30 years and talking utter drivel

I'm missing Phil Clarke trying to send me to sleep at half time. I love all those pretty colours he talks about.

I intended paying on the gate at Warrington but when it was announced as sold out I bought Prem Sports.

Superb commentary from both Voss and Nobby. Thought Voss brought Noble in very well and Voss's knowledge of the players almost all from the NRL was a massive plus for the game on TV.

Great game and great television.

Can't wait for the next fixture.

I had to pause recording NZ v Samoa and then missed the last few seconds of the game as the recording ended, and also the post game round-up.

The second half was fantastic, well doen to the Warrington crowd and Voss's commentary was spot-on. He hogs the mic more than Woods, but I think thats the way it should be.

I could have watched it for another 2 hours.

Take my hat off to Premier Sports for bringing Andrew Voss on board, an absolute masterstroke.  His match commentary and humorous one liners are brilliant.  Hope he pops in the Turf for a beer before the Wales v USA game on Sunday!

I can't get the Premier player to work on my iPhone, or on my Mac.  Solved my log in problems, seems they hadn't processed them.

It plays the five second intro (logo) then says Cannot load M3U8: 404 Not Found.

Not impressed.  Tried this in firefox and Safari.

Has anyone else's Premier Sports gone off on Sky? I subscribed last week and had no problems. In the middle of the NZ/Samoa replay it's just gone off saying "call this number to subscribe..." even though I already subscribe!

I think Premier Sports are making a great effort with RL, but they are still very amateur compared to Sky/BBC. The picture quality is poor, they have no HD, lack camera angles, the cameras they do have can be a bit shaky and if u record a match u often miss either the start or finish.

But credit it to them for investing in league, the addition if Voss is genius, loved his commentary of the NZ game.

I don't like the Halligan and British guy commentating on Fiji game tho. Bit dull!

I think Premier Sports are making a great effort with RL, but they are still very amateur compared to Sky/BBC. The picture quality is poor, they have no HD, lack camera angles, the cameras they do have can be a bit shaky and if u record a match u often miss either the start or finish.

But credit it to them for investing in league, the addition if Voss is genius, loved his commentary of the NZ game.

I don't like the Halligan and British guy commentating on Fiji game tho. Bit dull!

Agree with all this still having problems with premier player including tonight very annoying needs sorting but credit to them treating rugby league fantastic with the coverage, vossy is great sky need to get him signed up

Halligan is terrible. Marginally better than Robbie Hunter-Paul, but nowhere near as good as Nobby. Voss is the best commentator of all (in this comp at least) - I'm assuming they're doing one day on and one day off, meaning we'll get these two in Bristol rather than the others. Pity -I was hoping Voss would turn up!

Vossy is having a few days off

The Kiwi guy commentating at Rochdale will be familiar to those who watch NRL on a weekly basis as he invariably commentates when the NZ Warriors are playing at home.

Although technically limited, Premier Sports have done really well with their commentary teams, with big names from down under added to give some weight.  But each one can't be everywhere every day so they're clearly spreading the load.  Ian Ramsdale, bless him, tries his best and is a lot better now than he was when Premier first came online with RL.

I actually think Premier have been very good. Much better than expected, after watching the Cook Islands v NZ warm up I was slightly worried, but its been fine.

They do appear to be slightly slower with replays and some of their angles are not brilliant, but we get to see all the games and all the important points.

I watch the games on a 47 inch screen and the quality is much better than I expected too.

I also never used to like Ramsdale, but he is getting more confident and doing a decent job. Tonight was fine.

Halligan is terrible. Marginally better than Robbie Hunter-Paul, but nowhere near as good as Nobby. Voss is the best commentator of all (in this comp at least) - I'm assuming they're doing one day on and one day off, meaning we'll get these two in Bristol rather than the others. Pity -I was hoping Voss would turn up!

Voss is in France.

Premier are Sky Light (not the window in the roof but the low fat version of Sky). Simple concise and clear and I don't have to endure Clarkies graphics. I have enough of 'death by powerpoint' at work!

Just got around to watching NZ v Samoa - what a game.  Andrew Voss is the best RL commentator around.  Why Channel 9 ditched him and replaced him with the terrible Ray Hadley is unbelievable.

He brings a keen knowledge of the game to his call, rather than sounding liking he is reading from a script provided by the behind the scenes stats man (Eddie Hemmings).  His enthusiasm is genuine and not for effect.

Nobby brings expertise to his analysis (unlike Stevo who brings 1970's tactics to the table) and has struck up a good partnership with Vossy.

OK the coverage may not be as technically good as Sky's but Premier are making large leaps forward every year. Good on 'em!